“Not as good as expected after reading reviews.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Not as good as expected after reading reviews.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Would not return. Operatic music too loud and staff not particularly interested in our custom. When beef asked to be medium cooked - came back completely rare. Not for me, for my husband. Could not watch him eat it!

Visited November 2012
am_lo77, Proprietario at Trattoria La Loggia, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Except that we do not have the Operatic music in our local, we do not have music!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And we do not have the staff, just me, Filippo, with customers!!!!!!!!!

Sandakan, Malaysia
“The Best Pici That I've Ever Tasted In My 7Days' Vacation In Italy!! A Must Try Dish!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The settings of the whole area in the restaurant captured my attention to have my lunch here at Trattoria La Loggia after I did my visits to the places of interests located further up from the restaurant. We were welcomed with warmth before we placed our orders. I started with pecorino al forno (oven-baked sheep cheese) followed by pici with porcini muschrooms and pork sausage which I was amazed by the unique taste of such pasta.The deliciousness of these food still fills my mind whenever I have the craving to eat pasta. The homemade Tiramisu is a must try dessert as it leaves no regrets to whoever has grabbed a taste of the richness of it. It's a great 'pick-me-up' choice. The lunch ended with a small cup of Espresso. All I could comment is this restaurant had served a superb, decent lunch that I'd ever tasted during my seven days' stay in Italy. The service from the owners was unforgettable. The photo shot was a great moment to be remembered having eaten in the restaurant. The scenic view of the exterior with the surroundings adds the cosiness of the restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Still dreaming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I just posted a review of another restaurant in San Gimignano, Com Quibus, which my partner found the best food in all of Italy. I agree that it was great food, but thinking about the Ragu at Trattoria La Loggia still makes my mouth water.

The restaurant is casual, with an outside porch area, that is informal but very warm. The restaurant was almost full on Sunday evening, but the manager (owner?) welcomed us with open arms and treated us like family. We had a couple of wonderful appetizers, bread, great house wine and my partner ordered a tomato sauce/pasta dish (being vegetarian). The sauce was basily greatness and perfect to dip the bread and foccaccia into. As previously noted, my ragu was not only the best meal I had in Italy, but I am still dreaming of it.

We stopped in for Cappuccinos the next morning, which were also delicious.

Would recommend to anyone and would return to San Gimignano just so I could stop in here and have another fantastic meal.

• Visited September 2012
Kfar Saba, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Best restaurant in San Gimingnano!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This restaurant has the BEST Italian food in San Gimingnano!!! The pasta is home-made and is just delicious.. The lazania was excellent.. I was 5 days in San Gimignano and I spent almost every night at this place. In addition, the service was very pleasant!!! Our waiter, Phillippe, was extra nice and even provide us with desert tasting before ordering! I warmly recommend you to check this place on your next trip to San Gimignano!

• Visited September 2012
“One of the best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We arrived to la trattoria after reading good reviews in trip advisor. It is a bit hard to find the restaurant BUT it is surely worth it!!! The food, service and environment was perfect!!! I took the home made pasta with garlic, cheese and pepper and my fiancée took the meet lazania. Both dishes were Awsome!! we recommend this place, as it has a real Italian food! We will be back to this restaurant on our next visit to San Gimignano!