“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

San Francisco, California
53 attraction reviews
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I took the Best of Tuscany Tour with WalkAbout Tours and we had the most amazing time. The highlight of the trip is having lunch at this place. When we arrived, we were guided to the vineyards, the olive grove, farm and wine making cellar. We were welcomed by the owner and her friendly staff. The breathtaking views of the vineyard was magnificent. It's nothing I have seen in my wine tasting tours in Napa and Sonoma. It just have a beauty of it's own.

You can enter the farm or skip it. I have to warn you that the smell can be overwhelming. I didn't mind. The cows are actually cool to see. I thanked them for the fabulous cheese that we were about to have. We then went to the wine cellar where we were shown their wine making process. After that, off we went to lunch.

We ate at the outside patio overlooking the vineyard. We had such an amazing weather for an end of October trip. We were seated with wonderful people and conversations were flowing. We started with different kinds of cheese and prosciutto. Then the main course was pasta. It was served with a toasted bread with olive oil. They were absolutely delicous. They served 4 bottles of wine in total - Cabernet, Chianti, Vernaccia and a Port. All of them were excellent. I love ports and theirs is one of the most amazing ports I have ever had. You can really taste the Brandy and it's not overwhelmingly sweet. They served the port with a delicious biscotti. The entire time, we had sparkling water on our table. After all the wine, it was very helpful to rehydrate. We also bought a bottle of Cabernet to bring home. I will definitely order wine from them to ship to the US.

Good food, very good wine, amazing vineyard, wonderful tour... can't ask for anything more.

Visited October 2012

riberac
65 attraction reviews
“Beautiful vineyard looking up to the hilltop town of San Gimignano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We wanted to sample some of the local wine on our recent trip to Tuscany so took the advice found in Decanter magazine and went for a wine tasting at Fattoria Poggo Allora. We were expecting something more low-key as we are used to visiting the vineyards of Bordeaux near our home, many of which are small, family-run enterprises so we were surprised to find such a sleek operation as is being run at FPA with coach tours, restaurant, accommodation, wedding venue etc. That aside, we sampled a good range of the wines on offer and made our choice of some to drink now and some to keep for the future. Unlike some other vineyards we visited in Tuscany, FPA doesn't charge for its wine tasting so it's a good way to find out what you like before buying and a good representation of what is being produced locally. If you are in the area it is definitely worth a visit and can easily be combined with a visit to the unmissable San Gimignano.

Visited October 2012
DEN HAAG
“Fun to eat with others”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Loved it, great food, great location, car needed.
Long tables with other travellers gives good conversations.

Visited September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Great Tour lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Was part if a your group that stopped here for lunch fantastic views and good lunch. Nit a show stopper if you miss it, but a good value deal.

Buffalo, New York
“Elysium”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Our visit with a tour to Fattoriai Poggio Allora was extraordinary! My boyfriend, my parents, and I took the Best of Tuscany Tour with Walkabout Tours, and this was our favorite part of the day. The farm was SO BEAUTIFUL. We took some of the most amazing photos here...maybe some of the best of our entire trip. The tour of the farm was interesting. We saw how they make and bottle wine in the wine cellar, and we saw the vineyard, olive trees, and barn. It was a beautiful day to have lunch outside on their patio overlooking the Tuscan hills. It was almost as if I were living in a dream. We tried four different delicious wines, and lunch was excellent. I loved the olive oil and we purchased many things to have shipped home. I would love to go back, and hope I do some day. Please make time to stop at this heavenly place.

Visited June 2012