“Great Wine, Great Food, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 23 Activities in San Gimignano
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Welcome in our house! Walking distance from San Gimignano, one of the most important towns of Tuscany, during the wine tour you'll discover a part of Tuscany that few people knows. You'll understand how is the countrylife in this part of the world. I won't say what our tour includes or not.....reviews speaks for us! We wait to welcome you, as private or group. Reservation required to tour the farm.
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Wine, Great Food, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great Olive Oil too! My wife and I had a couple bottles of oil and 3 different wines sent from Tuscany to NY, they package them securely and everything arrived tasting equally brilliant as it did in Italy. Surprisingly low costs for international shipping!

The visit to the winery was outstanding as well. Owner and tour guide Fausto is incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about his craft. The stroll around the vineyards gives you perfect views of the rolling hills of San Gimignano. The excellent homemade, fresh food was made by the family members and paired very well with each wine course.

(For any other U.S. drivers renting cars in Italy to reach Sovestro in Poggio who aren't quite proficient in driving manual transmission, take note that the drive off of the main road up to the winery is quite steep. Stalling out and grinding gears can't reduce my overall rating of this establishment!)

North Haven, Connecticut
“Beautiful people, food, wine and place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My sister, daughter and I took a tour of Tuscany from Artviva, which included lunch at this wonderful winery!!! The hosts were extremely gracious, the food, wine and olive oil were amazing, and we only regretted not being able to spend more time visiting. Our tour had us leaving way too quickly, but we ordered some wine and olive oil before leaving, and I'm soooo glad we did! It arrived soon after we were home, and just tasting everything again brings you back to Italy. Can't wait to go back and would love to stay here! The location is so pretty and peaceful, and we were there on a cloudy/rainy day! Can't imagine how much better it is when the sun is shining!!!

Visited July 2012
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Amazing day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We recently enjoyed two weeks in Italy. We spent a lovely lunch hour at the winery with delicious food and wine tasting. We toured the, winery the vineyard and the beautiful bed and breakfast. Fausto and Susanna were wonderful hosts. We ordered the excellent chianti and olive oil which arrived recently and brought back the memory of a beautiful day!

London, United Kingdom
“Very Enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A fantastic place to visit in Tuscany with beautiful views and a very informal (but informative!) wine tour. The tasting was great with each wine being paired with a typical Tuscan dish.
My only regret was having not booked to stay there! Well recommended.

Missouri City, Texas, United States
“Italy-Florence-Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently had a lovely stay in Florence with a friend of mine. My friend scheduled a full day tour of three of Tuscan towns including a wine tasting at family owned winery. The wine tasting was definitely one of the best highlights of the day. The wine and olive oil tasting was top notch! Everything was perfect including the out of this world view of Tuscany. I enjoyed it so much that I purchased a case of wine to be shipped back home to the United States.