“Exceeded our expectations...perfetti padroni di casa :-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Agriturismo Guardastelle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Gimignano
Agriturismo Guardastelle
Save Saved
You added Agriturismo Guardastelle to your Saves list
Localita Sovestro, 53037 San Gimignano, Italy   |
Westmeath
“Exceeded our expectations...perfetti padroni di casa :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Myself and my fiancee had a three night stay here to plan for our wedding in September of this year.
We were absolutely delighted with the views of the surrounding countryside on our arrival by car from Pisa (which takes roughly an hour). Upon driving into Guardastelle the beautiful vista's are 360 degrees of Tuscan vineyards, views to the medieval town of San Gimignano and the beautiful landscape.
We met Fausto upon arrival and he provided a very warm welcome and proceeded to tell us all about the history of Guardastelle estate. We were shown to our room for the stay... Teresa. All the accomodation here is of an exceptional standard. Teresa has a picture postcard view from the bedroom and everything was spotlessly clean and fresh.
The location is perfect...walking distance into San Gim less than 20 mins down a quiet pathway, which Guardastelle provide flashlights for walking at night. There is also a restaurant (Da Pode) just at the end of the driveway. We ate here on the first night and enjoyed the rustic Tuscan food. Next time we will try the Fiorentina steak, 2.2lbs was too large for only two of us!!
Breakfast was well prepared and there was a good choice of bread, pastries, fresh fruit, cereals yoghurt, salami & cheese plus the option of eggs & bacon. Also a varied selection of teas and coffee.
We didn't get to do the wine tour on this occasion as we just didn't have time but I shall look forward to this on our next visit.
Overall I can highly recommend Guardastelle for your holiday in Tuscany. Fausto & Susanna are very obliging hosts and go the extra mile to ensure guests needs are attended to. The location is stunning and the prices are very reasonable for the standard of accomodation and service you receive.
Thank you Fausto & Susanna for being the perfect hosts and looking after us so well. We are really looking forward to coming back with our family and friends for our wedding in September. Very best wishes for the new addition to your family.
Grazie Mille,
Jacqui & Michael xx

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Susausto, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Jacqui & Michael,
what can I say about you......see you in Septemebr for you wedding!! We're looking forward to know the all family and be part of your special day!!

See you soon! In the meantime many many thanks for the review and to have choosen Guardastelle as location for your wedding!!

Ciao

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My, husband, and two children ages 10 and 11 stayed at Il Guardastelle in mid March. We stayed in the Antilia apartment and it was perfect for our family of four. We had two large bedrooms and bathrooms along with a full kitchen. We also enjoyed the wine tasting/lunch and had a wonderful lasagna prepared by Susanna. The wine and olive oil were fantastic and we will be placing an order for some Tribolo very soon! Fausto and Susanna were very gracious hosts. We highly recommend Il Guardastelle for your stay in Tuscany.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear "JillyF",
your visit at our house was very appreciated and we wnat to regards for that and for this beautiful review!
I hope to see you again when your children will be older and able to try our wines :-))

All the best,
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had very high expectations after being treated so well at our last stops in Italian lodgings. This place was our least favourite in terms of the owners sharing their culture with us. In fact we never even met Fausto's wife over our entire three night stay.

The good:
-The rooms have great beds. The house is very well built and the view out of one of our two rooms was great.
-The surroundings are absolutely gorgeous.
-Fausto: after overcharging me (and me realizing it), and my daughter keeping a key by accident, he drove to Florence (where we stayed next) to refund the money and pick up the key. Thank you Fausto!
-The toiletries: some great shampoos and soaps

The not so good:
-The decor. Mostly photos of older family members. The kids did not like this.
-The help in organizing a cooking class before our arrival, which meant that every was fully booked when we got there.
-The wine tours and the buses. There were over 200 people in and out during our three night stay. Maybe this couple is trying to do too much?
-The wine tasting at the B+B's sister vineyard and the food served with it were disappointing.
-The kids' room. Had a loft, but it was too small for the third bed so they brought the mattress down each night.
-The value: overpriced compared to others we stayed at in Tuscany

If the couple had spent some time with us to better experience Tuscany, we would have enjoyed this experience much more. With another baby on the way and the endless number of people in buses on wine tours, perhaps this is not possible.

• Stayed March 2013
Susausto, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear "Mahulu",
thanks for your time to leave a comment for other travellers, I'm glad to receive new feedback but I would like to let you know that the man how attented every morning at your breakfast waiting the five of you to prepare your preferred over medium eggs.....it was me, Fausto. The owner. Why did you write "if the couple had spent some time with us".... I was there!

I tryed also to help you in the many reservations. For example I booked for you a good fish restaurant in Poggibonsi and when I asked you the morning after how was it......you said we went to another one!

Regarding cooking classes you told me about that around 4 pm one afternoon. Those courses starts usually at 5pm and it was the Easter weekend. I think it wasn't my fault if everybody where already full.

Wine tasting: the 200 people you mentioned were 100 and I adviced you that probably for you it could be an unpleasant experience, for this reason I suggested to come the next day or the day after ( we don't have 100 people everyday!!) but you had planned other things.
What do you mean with "The wine tasting at the B+B's sister vineyard..."? Did you go in another place? I remember that here you had wine tasting only (I told that tour is not available in the afternoon) with Barbara and you were alone with her for about an hour.
One more things: obviously the groups we host are not in Guardastelle but in the winery! and we suggest always the best day and time to come (sometimes we are also fully booked).

I'm really sorry about the room of your children but you knew from my emails that the third bed is on a loft. They moved it because up there the space wasn't enough, you say, but she slept beside the double beds, in a smaller place. Maybe the problem was another one and I'm so sorry that you didn't mention before to me.

About the decor of the rooms......I can't change it for every guests how doesn't like our family members, in the past they were appreciate. Maybe it is not your taste.

Fortunately there is another baby on the way!! We need other two strong arms for another 100 people on wine tasting ;-)
I would appreciate your congratulations for the new birth but......

You were overcharged by mistake, not to earn more money undeserved, obviously I brought back to you.

Grazie
Fausto
Shoreview, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The location of agriturismo Gaurdastelle is perfect - in the heart of Tuscany within walking distance on San Gimignano - a charming little town. The views are stunning - vineyards and olive trees, quaint farm houses, San Gimignano, and beautiful blue skies. Quiet, comfortable, charming.

We had a little accident, went into the ditch, just down the road from Gaurdastella. Fausto came to the rescue and saved the day. Susanne and Fasuto are delightful.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Susausto, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear "bwahl",
many thanks for your review. Come on! you didn't have an accident it was just an oversight, sadly under pouring rain!
Unfortunately the weather in those days wasn't nice because was almost winter but I hope you'll have another chance to come to experiment the beautiful Tuscan sunshine!
It's easy to keep in touch with us, just searching a Facebook page with our name!

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at this lovely agriturismo with my parents while they were visiting Italy. My husband and I had been here before for wine tasting and we knew that we had to come back to stay here in order to show my parents the perfect Tuscan experience. We were not disappointed! On arrival we were greeted by an enthusiastic woman (sorry, I can't remember her name) who was very eager to help us and show us around the charming premises. After looking at the two rooms, she gave us coffee and tea and we relaxed in the breakfast room. The rooms were very clean, quiet, comfortable, and were a nice size. We had beautiful views of the countryside as well as San Gimignano. Breakfast was delicious with fruit, yogurt, breads, jams, and eggs on request. It is a great place to relax and unwind, and the hospitality can't be beat... you can tell that they really care about their facilities and their guests. We enjoyed every minute of our stay here and made some fantastic memories that we'll hold onto forever. Thank you... we will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fausto M, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear "cherosu",
thank you so much for your time to share with other travellers your experience. I have to thank you expecially because this was your second visit and you brought your parents!

This year we're planning to do cooking classes...it could be a nice excuse to come back again ;-)

Fausto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Spent 4 nights in October. The place is beautiful, serene and looks like taken from a postcard. We stayed in the Perseo apartment which was fully equipped and decorated. The location near San Gimignano is a bonuse and its also near Poggibonsi where you can take a train to Florence or anywhere else- very convenient. I fully recommend staying in the Guardastelle.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Shimon,
we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in the Perseo apartment. It is probably the smaller but nice and confortable. I remember in those days the weather wasn't nice with you, maybe next time will be better!

St.Petersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is how we describe Agriturismo Guardastelle. My wife and I stayed in the villa "Antilla" for a two week vaction of rest and relaxation. It was the last two weeks of October and Fausto ordered up wonderful tempatures of mid 70 degrees. He seems to handle any and all request, so we figured he did the weather. Having been to Italy (Tuscany) four other times, we decided to upack just once and stay put making day trips of easy drives. We would decide over Guardastelle's great breakfast where the day's adventure would take us. Every picture of Tuscany's beautiful landscape with Italian pines, vineyards, olive groves((my wife even went in the fields and helped rake olives out of the trees as it was harvest time), storied walls and ancient towers with rolling morning mist over the fields is Agriturismo Guardastelle! If you are looking for the ultimate vacation of relaxation filled with charm and underlines by a most gracious host---Agriturismo Guardastelle is it. We will return.

Room Tip: Any of the villas is the way to go!