“Absolutely perfect!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Agriturismo Guardastelle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Gimignano
Agriturismo Guardastelle
Save Saved
You added Agriturismo Guardastelle to your Saves list
Localita Sovestro, 53037 San Gimignano, Italy   |
Oklahoma City, OK
“Absolutely perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My, husband, and two children ages 10 and 11 stayed at Il Guardastelle in mid March. We stayed in the Antilia apartment and it was perfect for our family of four. We had two large bedrooms and bathrooms along with a full kitchen. We also enjoyed the wine tasting/lunch and had a wonderful lasagna prepared by Susanna. The wine and olive oil were fantastic and we will be placing an order for some Tribolo very soon! Fausto and Susanna were very gracious hosts. We highly recommend Il Guardastelle for your stay in Tuscany.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susausto, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear "JillyF",
your visit at our house was very appreciated and we wnat to regards for that and for this beautiful review!
I hope to see you again when your children will be older and able to try our wines :-))

All the best,

413 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had very high expectations after being treated so well at our last stops in Italian lodgings. This place was our least favourite in terms of the owners sharing their culture with us. In fact we never even met Fausto's wife over our entire three night stay.

The good:
-The rooms have great beds. The house is very well built and the view out of one of our two rooms was great.
-The surroundings are absolutely gorgeous.
-Fausto: after overcharging me (and me realizing it), and my daughter keeping a key by accident, he drove to Florence (where we stayed next) to refund the money and pick up the key. Thank you Fausto!
-The toiletries: some great shampoos and soaps

The not so good:
-The decor. Mostly photos of older family members. The kids did not like this.
-The help in organizing a cooking class before our arrival, which meant that every was fully booked when we got there.
-The wine tours and the buses. There were over 200 people in and out during our three night stay. Maybe this couple is trying to do too much?
-The wine tasting at the B+B's sister vineyard and the food served with it were disappointing.
-The kids' room. Had a loft, but it was too small for the third bed so they brought the mattress down each night.
-The value: overpriced compared to others we stayed at in Tuscany

If the couple had spent some time with us to better experience Tuscany, we would have enjoyed this experience much more. With another baby on the way and the endless number of people in buses on wine tours, perhaps this is not possible.

• Stayed March 2013
Susausto, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear "Mahulu",
thanks for your time to leave a comment for other travellers, I'm glad to receive new feedback but I would like to let you know that the man how attented every morning at your breakfast waiting the five of you to prepare your preferred over medium eggs.....it was me, Fausto. The owner. Why did you write "if the couple had spent some time with us".... I was there!

I tryed also to help you in the many reservations. For example I booked for you a good fish restaurant in Poggibonsi and when I asked you the morning after how was it......you said we went to another one!

Regarding cooking classes you told me about that around 4 pm one afternoon. Those courses starts usually at 5pm and it was the Easter weekend. I think it wasn't my fault if everybody where already full.

Wine tasting: the 200 people you mentioned were 100 and I adviced you that probably for you it could be an unpleasant experience, for this reason I suggested to come the next day or the day after ( we don't have 100 people everyday!!) but you had planned other things.
What do you mean with "The wine tasting at the B+B's sister vineyard..."? Did you go in another place? I remember that here you had wine tasting only (I told that tour is not available in the afternoon) with Barbara and you were alone with her for about an hour.
One more things: obviously the groups we host are not in Guardastelle but in the winery! and we suggest always the best day and time to come (sometimes we are also fully booked).

I'm really sorry about the room of your children but you knew from my emails that the third bed is on a loft. They moved it because up there the space wasn't enough, you say, but she slept beside the double beds, in a smaller place. Maybe the problem was another one and I'm so sorry that you didn't mention before to me.

About the decor of the rooms......I can't change it for every guests how doesn't like our family members, in the past they were appreciate. Maybe it is not your taste.

Fortunately there is another baby on the way!! We need other two strong arms for another 100 people on wine tasting ;-)
I would appreciate your congratulations for the new birth but......

You were overcharged by mistake, not to earn more money undeserved, obviously I brought back to you.

Grazie
Fausto
Shoreview, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The location of agriturismo Gaurdastelle is perfect - in the heart of Tuscany within walking distance on San Gimignano - a charming little town. The views are stunning - vineyards and olive trees, quaint farm houses, San Gimignano, and beautiful blue skies. Quiet, comfortable, charming.

We had a little accident, went into the ditch, just down the road from Gaurdastella. Fausto came to the rescue and saved the day. Susanne and Fasuto are delightful.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Susausto, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear "bwahl",
many thanks for your review. Come on! you didn't have an accident it was just an oversight, sadly under pouring rain!
Unfortunately the weather in those days wasn't nice because was almost winter but I hope you'll have another chance to come to experiment the beautiful Tuscan sunshine!
It's easy to keep in touch with us, just searching a Facebook page with our name!

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at this lovely agriturismo with my parents while they were visiting Italy. My husband and I had been here before for wine tasting and we knew that we had to come back to stay here in order to show my parents the perfect Tuscan experience. We were not disappointed! On arrival we were greeted by an enthusiastic woman (sorry, I can't remember her name) who was very eager to help us and show us around the charming premises. After looking at the two rooms, she gave us coffee and tea and we relaxed in the breakfast room. The rooms were very clean, quiet, comfortable, and were a nice size. We had beautiful views of the countryside as well as San Gimignano. Breakfast was delicious with fruit, yogurt, breads, jams, and eggs on request. It is a great place to relax and unwind, and the hospitality can't be beat... you can tell that they really care about their facilities and their guests. We enjoyed every minute of our stay here and made some fantastic memories that we'll hold onto forever. Thank you... we will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fausto M, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear "cherosu",
thank you so much for your time to share with other travellers your experience. I have to thank you expecially because this was your second visit and you brought your parents!

This year we're planning to do cooking classes...it could be a nice excuse to come back again ;-)

Fausto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Spent 4 nights in October. The place is beautiful, serene and looks like taken from a postcard. We stayed in the Perseo apartment which was fully equipped and decorated. The location near San Gimignano is a bonuse and its also near Poggibonsi where you can take a train to Florence or anywhere else- very convenient. I fully recommend staying in the Guardastelle.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Shimon,
we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in the Perseo apartment. It is probably the smaller but nice and confortable. I remember in those days the weather wasn't nice with you, maybe next time will be better!

St.Petersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is how we describe Agriturismo Guardastelle. My wife and I stayed in the villa "Antilla" for a two week vaction of rest and relaxation. It was the last two weeks of October and Fausto ordered up wonderful tempatures of mid 70 degrees. He seems to handle any and all request, so we figured he did the weather. Having been to Italy (Tuscany) four other times, we decided to upack just once and stay put making day trips of easy drives. We would decide over Guardastelle's great breakfast where the day's adventure would take us. Every picture of Tuscany's beautiful landscape with Italian pines, vineyards, olive groves((my wife even went in the fields and helped rake olives out of the trees as it was harvest time), storied walls and ancient towers with rolling morning mist over the fields is Agriturismo Guardastelle! If you are looking for the ultimate vacation of relaxation filled with charm and underlines by a most gracious host---Agriturismo Guardastelle is it. We will return.

Room Tip: Any of the villas is the way to go!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fausto M, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Leanes,
we have to thank you a thousand times because you described Guardastelle as we couldn't!!
We're glad that you caught on of the best part of this place, the location. Perfect for day trips to discover the Tuscan cities in its beauty and come back in the afternoon for a refreshing swim.

We also hope to see you again but to don't forget of us follow us on the Facebook fan page!
Thanks for your time.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Fausto was the perfect friendly host in a stunning location. The villa managed to feel both luxurious but also have a rustic charm. Faustian gave excellent recommendations on where to eat in San Gimignano whilst the breakfast on the beautiful terrace set us up perfectly for a day of wandering around the vines and the town. Slightly more expensive than other agruturismos that we stayed in but well worth it,

Can't recommend this enough, only had two nights here but would love to come back to try fausto's wine tasting

Thanks Fausto for letting us stay in your beautiful home,

Natasha and Joe

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Natasha & Joe,
thanks for your beautiful review and the time you spent to share your experinence.
You are right we are more expensive than other agriturismo but you saw the quality of the rooms and services.
I hope you'll come back in other occasion to try our new cooking classes.

All the best,
Fausto & Susanna

Been to Agriturismo Guardastelle? Share your experiences!