My wife and I spent a weekend here in October, 2012. I told her i had booked an agriturismo in Tuscany to end our visit to Italy but told her nothing about the place; from the moment we arrived she was overwhelmed. The grounds are spectacular, even in the autumn, with lime and lemon trees, lavender plants, and a host of other herbs carefully cared for around the grounds. There is also lots to do in the area including a lovely 90 minute walk along the old Roman road into the medieval city of San Gimignano.
The hosts Stefano and Donatella were outstanding, as was Maria at reception. Chef Bruno prepared wonderful dinners as well. We took part in a lovely wine tasting during which we sampled Stefano's wines while he described them. They have a hot tub on site which one can reserve for a cost. The hot tub was lovely but unlike in North America, hot tubs are often left unheated when not in use (to reduce fuel cost) so make sure you reserve it prior to arrival since it takes several hours to warm up.
I've made multiple trips to Italy and stayed in several agriturismos, all of which have been excellent, but this one is without question the nicest I've had the pleasure to stay in. We will certainly return there on our next trip to Tuscany.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a hill overlooking the medieval town of San Gimignano, surrounded by greenery, in an isolated and mysterious corner of the Tuscan countryside... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Torraccia di Chiusi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torraccia Di Chiusi Hotel San Gimignano
- Torraccia Di Chiusi San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany