“A Pisa Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 225 Pisa B&B and Inns
Gold Coast, Queensland
“A Pisa Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed one night because we couldn't extend our stay in another hotel, and they suggested Leo. Initially we were disappointed because the location was at the other end of town, away from the Duomo and Leaning Tower, but near the train station and on a busy street. A one flight walk-up with baggage isn't a good start, but the young lady was very pleasant and checked us into a nice room with a big bed, clean sheets and towels, a new TV [but no English channels] and wi-fi. This is a family-run place and they aren't there all the time, so if you're checking in you need to call ahead and give them a time. They serve a decent breakfast and even have a coffee machine! Overall, quite a surprise to find a place like this in a residential area but once you go out and explore the neighbourhood, you find that it's an interesting location, lots of locals shopping and not so many tourists as at the other end of town. We were really quite impressed. But don't expect hotel service....it's a B&B!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, otherwise you're on a busy street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

this morning I've phoned to book in advance for a room saying kindly my name,surname, and asking availability for the date of stay (in middle of a week ). First impression: the owner was still in bed (9.15 a.m.) and already a little bit angry(for what I cannot guess).... anyway, I've requested a overnight stay and she understood 2 nights and was disappointed to understand it was for a single night. I confirmed the room and give my credentials. At my request wether the room were silent, she told me- bothered-to look at the mansarda (the smallest room) in the site that was the one she would have given to me. I was in my car driving and not in front to the pc, so I've told her and told her also that for me the room was fine the same that I would have taken a look at it once I've reached my office...she began to talk to me loudly that anyway the only silent and free room (former speaking were free mostly 3 room) was that one and that she would have waited till 12.00 for confirmation(even if I had already confirmed!)...as her voice was too loud and I began to feel a little disappointed of this kind of tone and behaviour from side of a person that is supposed to be gentle and usual to host people, I kindly asked her not to be so agressive and to smooth voice and repeating that was fine the same for me the room assigned but at this phrase she began to cry like an eagle that "she was not talking loud" !!! and at the end she closed the conversation hanging off rudely the phone still crying that the reservation was canceled....
I am still astonished and really cannot still believe a B&B owner or any kind of people that deal with hospitality can behave like this......good luck to those who choose this place then....

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Clean, comfortable, affordable, with an excellent breakfast - this was just what we wanted from our one night in Bed and Breakfast da Leo in Pisa. We chose it because it was a short taxi ride (walkable if you don't have two children and suitcases) from the airport. Highly recommended. If we ever need a place in Pisa we'll be back.
Thanks Leo!

The Connell Family, South Wales

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Turku, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

This low budget accomondation was a true surprise. We had everything that we needed and even more in this cosy little get away, on a perfect location near the trainstation. Friendly family, who took well care of us. Better service than in several much more expensive hotels. Clean spacious room with good shower and toilet facilities. We stayed for a week, and were very happy and well rested after our vacation. Highly recommend to everyone who wants qality for their money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Sicilia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

My girlfriend and me have slept in this b&b just 2 days ago. It is very very comfortable: big room, big wardrobe, big bathroom, all very clean and very friendly staff, fantastic breakfast! If I'll go to Pisa again someday I'll choose for sure this b&b again!
P.S. I lost my wallet at the airport and mr. Leo offered us a ride to the airport with his car. He has been very kind!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

Although it is 1.6km away from 'The Tower' it is a walk through the shopping areas or historic avenues.

The rooms are so so very clean and breakfast is wonderful.

The only downside is that is no reception, so you need to contact the owner when you arrive and wait for him to arrive.

Stayed September 2008

Been to B&B Da Leo? Share your experiences!