“Glad our Stay Was Only 1 night” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Pisa
Stuart, Florida
“Glad our Stay Was Only 1 night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband & I stayed for one night in October in a junior suite. The bathroom smelled like urine & the air in the room & hallways smelled stale. The walls are thin - we could hear the family next to us well into the night. We asked for a wake up call at 7, which came at 6. Also, the decor is strange . . . I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We only stayed for a night as we wanted to see Pisa. It was a lovely place and we would definitely go again. Very clean and professional. Breakfast was very nice! :) A car is required as it is out of Pisa.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Guernsey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel appears very sophisticated and has all the shiny lights and panels but in my view at the expense of the important stuff like quality of food, drinks facilities, wifi etc. easy to find and close enough to the airport for what we wanted. The room was a decent size and well appointed as was the bathroom but the lighting was weird for the sake of being weird and hard to get a state that was useful for anything. The wifi was not working in the bedrooms, judging by the complaints from others, in none of the bedrooms, and frustratingly nor in reception so no net access to check in, check flights etc. Ironic they were advertising the international internet conference in reception too... perhaps they had used all of the internet for that! Finally the restaurant is overpriced and relies on a captive audience. We ate much, much better food in Italy for less money. The hotel tries hard and the staff are polite enough but perhaps it tries too hard. Wouldn't hurry back.

Room Tip: we booked a junior suite which was a good size
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A decent stay, but major issues once I realised a few days after we left that I had left an expensive jacket in the closet and phoned the hotel for assistance. I was told I would have to email, which I did.

They insisted that closets are carefully checked after each guest departs, but they did not have my jacket. I distinctly remember putting it in the closet and I know I did not take it out again - the weather was too warm and we stayed just one night. So if housekeeping definitely checks closets and a jacket is definitely in there, what could have happened to it?

They had no interest in taking things any further, it was clearly my problem and not theirs. Fast-forward a few weeks and I receive a questionnaire to ask me about my experience. I repeat my issues and receive a rather stroppy email indicating that I'm not being courteous by questioning their housekeeping practices and they "we can not know for sure if it was really left in the closet." The guest must be lying! Great attitude!

Anyone can see from my reviews that I'm not in the habit of slating establishments, but I would not stay in this hotel again if I was paid. The measure of any business is how it deals with customers' problems, particularly when the problem has been politely set out. This place failed that test miserably.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
alexPisa, Direttore vendite at Hotel San Ranieri, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with TA travelers.

As already communicated by email our hotel has the ISO 9001 certificate any procedure is verified and it is recorded by a quality system.

When the guest leaves the hotel and the rooms are cleaned, a check is done accurately to all cabinets and all drawers.

If our staff would find any object must write in a register what was found.

The front office contacts the guest immediately with an e-mail or telephone to report the found object.

With regard to your jacket I confirm that I went to check personally with the housekeeper and did not find any garment.

I'm sorry if his jacket was not found, we have done everything possible to try to please the guest.

Thanking you again, I wish you a good evening.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago for 4 nights.....we booked a deal through Expedia,which included our flights,and we were very surprised at the quality of the room and the whole hotel. Our room was cleaned every day...there was everything you needed in the bathroom,which was gorgeous in orange!!!!!! room was very spacious,although obviously one of the cheaper options. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was more than adequate,with hot and cold choices. The only downside for some would be the distance from the centre of Pisa,but for us was no problem....there is a bus stop 5 minutes walk away on the main road past the newsagent where you can buy your ticket...from there it cost 1.20 euros each....if you bought ticket on the bus it was 2 euros. Very regular bus service takes you to the Central Rail station from where you can find your way around with a good street map. You catch the bus back at the same place you get off and the bus will stop right outside the hotel. Numbers of buses 13 and 14 that go past the hotel, but other numbers too on the main road. Bus journey takes between 15-20 minutes. The bus drivers were all very friendly and helpful !! Would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Cameron Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel tries to be a little too modern/trendy for me but the service was good and no complaints about the room. Bed was comfy, bathroom had everything you would need. The hotel is not central to any tourist attractions ( approx 3.5 miles) and a cab will cost anywhere from $13-20 euro to get to the center. Good value for your money and only fifteen minutes max to the airport.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Morgan Hill, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband & I and several family members stayed here in August 2014 while visiting Italy for a wedding. We booked Junior Suites through Expedia and got what I thought was an excellent price. This hotel is conveniently located close to the freeway. While I usually prefer to stay in or close to the historic center, since we were doing multiple day trips and our focus was the wedding, this worked our very well for us. We had a car and went to the historic center several times; about a 10 min drive. Note that there is not much within walking distance of the hotel (did not see any shops, restaurants, etc). The breakfast buffet was included and was very good.

Room Tip: There seemed to be a funky smell near the elevator and it permeated into the rooms in that area. Wh...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel San Ranieri? Share your experiences!