This is a very nice hotel to stay in. I can see why it is ranked so highly and you will not be disappointed if you stay here.
- don't expect a 'W' hotel(trendy upmarket modern). This falls a little way way behind but is still a bargain at the price
- it is in the middle of nowhere! You need to rent a car to get here and when you return late, all the car park spaces will be taken so you need to park on adjoining street which is a rough area. We saw one scooter which was kicked over next to our car and when we returned in the morning, someone had picked it up and thrown it over the other side of the road. Do not leave any valuables in your car and make sure you have damage cover on your car.
- we took breakfast in the garden room for two days. Completely spolied by lawnmower man mowing the lawn between 9-10am when we are having a late breakfast as one does on vacation. The second day, the garden was being strimmed with a loud brushcutter. So on both our days at the hotel we had trouble hearing each others' conversation and our nostrils filled with 2 stroke motor oil. Pity that our whole time at the hotel was filled with the noise of gardeners with power tools. Like most people, we vacate the hotel after breakfast to go sightseeing. Can they not carry out maintenance after breakfast has finished!!!!!!!!!! There are far fewer people around to annoy.
- Do NOT upgrade to the top executive suite as we did. It is not a bargain, you have a separate suite room with a grossly uncomfortable white plastic sofa that the cleaner is struggling to keep clean(and it isn't). Also, the promised complimentary mini bar consists of two bottles of water and no alcohol. We complained at length about the lack of any other beverages in the mini-bar and the receptionist was adamant that mini bars only ever contained water in the whole world. Well, make your mind up on this yourself - do you want to be treated as an idiot? They did send up a beer later(to share) but it felt like we were ripped off.
- on the plus side, I found the wi-fi speed very good and was able to do some intensive high-bandwidth work back at the office to make sure those banking deals keep rolling along. Spoiled by the stupid system of issuing individual password keys and passwords that expire after 24 hours and have to be re-newed. This is a major annoyance, guys, you are in the middle of NOWHERE. You only need to change the password every week at most!!! Make life easier for yourself and the guests.
Once again, the majority of Tripadvisor reviewers are right but take heed of what I say(that goes for management especially).
P.S. If you are coming to Pisa for any longer than a day, this is too much. Head off to Lucca and Florence for the other days. Also, we tried the first five best restaurants recommended by Tripadvisor and they were delightful without exception, especially La Curva which is dirt cheap and splendid.