“Excellent Local B & B (terrific value)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B Claudia Ferri

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pisa
B&B Claudia Ferri
You added B&B Claudia Ferri to your Saves list
via 2 Settembre, 15/D, 56122 Pisa, Italy   |
Ranked #49 of 241 Pisa B&B and Inns
United Kingdom
“Excellent Local B & B (terrific value)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

We choose to stay here for our city break based on T.A. reviews & have absolutely no regretts. The service we received from Claudia was first class - from arrival to departure, and exceeded many city hotels we have stayed in.

Our room was spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom, and beds were extremely comfy. As has been mentioned previously, breakfast was exceptional - an endless choice of home made cakes and pastries (baked on a daily basis), fruit, bread, yoghurts, juice, coffee or tea.............................I'm missing the cakes already!

We took around 15 - 20 min to walk into Central Pisa (Tower area) and have to say that had we taken a taxi, we would have missed out on seeing some of the recommended sights along the way. We also visited Florence (beautiful) and Claudia insisted not only on driving us to the station, but offered to pick us up on our late evening return - to save the taxi fare! What hotel would do that? And....................for nothing!!!!!! Claudia certainly goes out of her way to provide a service that makes your stay that little bit special - from personally meeting you at the airport (and doing the return trip) to offering advice, tips and help for visiting not only Pisa, but the surrounding towns and villages.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and have no hesitation in recommending this great little B & B to anyone planning a trip to Pisa.......................it's just too good to miss out on!

Thank you Claudia. We will return.

Room Tip: Book direct with Claudia.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Island of Malta, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

This B&B is very cosy, clean and quite close to the center. You can either walk or catch a bus which arrives close to the center in a few minutes. Claudia is incredible, very welcoming and caring, always with a smile on her face and very helpful. She is just 'solare' :). However be aware that even though you get a private bathroom with every room the bathroom is not ensuite. The breakfast is very good and abbundant.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Spb, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

B&B Claudia Ferry is a lovely b&b in a nice neighborhood very close to the river but quite far by foot from the Leaning Tower of Pisa. We arrived to the airport at night, and son of Mrs. Ferry had picked us up from the airport and next day dropped us to pick up car from the airport for free. B&B is actually located very close by car to the airport - 10 min. Claudia is a wonderful host, extremely welcoming and helpful. She understands a lot of English so we have managed to communicate. House itself and quite big terrace has a lot of pieces of arts and flowers. Breakfast was included and here I can not help mentioning wonderful pastry that Claudia makes herself every day. In short, if you're looking for a fantastic value for money, and a feeling of being at home in Pisa this is it! Thanks Claudia, hope to see you again in the future!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Gibraltar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

From the moment we arrived in Pisa, the service we received from Claudia was outstanding. She picked us up from the airport and gave drove us to the B&B where she presented us with freshly made cappuccinos and home-baked biscuits.

We were provided with the family room and private bathroom. The room was extremely clean and spacious.

Although location-wise we were a 15-20 min walk to the centre, taxis were a call away and when there was no answer from the taxi company, Claudia insisted in driving us.

Breakfast included freshly baked cakes, biscuits and tarts every morning. Claudia could not have been more accommodating. She was absolutely lovely and very motherly. The only slight 'problem' was that she spoke no English and we had to get by with the little Italian we knew and one of her English speaking lodgers who translated for us.

We would both definately recommend anyone to stay here at Claudia's. She made us feel at home, she was always smiling and laughing and prepared to help out with anything at all.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Claudia made us feel very welcome and at home in her B&B, just a 10 taxi journey from the airport. Breakfast was out if this world with so many lovely homemade savories and cakes to choose from. We were spoilt for choice. The room was clean and spacious, as was the bathroom.
Claudia also went the extra mile and insisted on taking us into town the next day, which we were most grateful for.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Nathrop, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

Just before noon, October 5 we arrived at the Pisa airport for a 28 day vacation holiday in Tuscany. As planned, we were met at the airport by Claudia and one of her English speaking staff. Claudia provided complementary transportation from and to the airport which was important to us. We arrived at Claudia's well maintained B & B. She had prepared some snacks for us to eat. We were shown to our room which was clean, spacious, and well appointed. We had a private bath (cleaned each day) next to our room. Each morning we were treated to an abundent Tuscan breakfast including delicious cakes and pies. She kept a variety of fresh fruit available at anytime. Each morning an English speaking staff member would inquire about our plans for the day and provide us with helpful information related to our activities. I can say that Claudia and her staff made every effort to insure that our stay was pleasant and enjoyable. We also had use of an upper terrace, where we enjoyed the view, along with wine and cheese and discussed the events of the day. During our 5 day stay, Claudia and her staff gave us personalized attention that was most appreciated and not experienced elsewhere . Another amenity that was important to us was the use of high speed internet which was available with out cost. The location was good for making day trips to surrounding towns such as Lucca. When we departed, Claudia provided us transport to the train station. At the end of our trip we returned to Pisa via train. Claudia transported us from the train station to her B & B for our last night of the trip. The next morning after breakfast, she transporoted us to the airport to board a plane for our return trip home. During our travels in Tuscany, we stayed in 7 B & Bs. None compared to Claudia's. Claudia is NUMBER ONE in our book. We are planning a return trip to Tuscany next fall and you can bet that we will include Claudia's B & B in our itineary. If you want a pleasant, enjoyable, authentic Tuscan experience we would recommend a stay with Claudia. We are in our 60's and 70's and think this is an excellent place for mature adults. During our stay with Claudia, there were famlies with children staying also.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Parma, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Just returned from my trip to Paris and Italy. We booked the b&b Claudia Ferri back serveral months ago and had confirmation for 1 night for 2 double rooms. I was traveling with my sister and her husband also.
When Ms Claudia picked us up at the airport she said our reservation was for 2 nights for only 1 room.
Ok now I don't have a room to sleep in. She offers to find me another room at a different location. We were leaving the next morning early and really didnt want to be separated.
She offers me a small room that was accually her bedroom. We get in the room and it has a bunk bed in it. My husband say's I'll sleep on the top bunk.NOT. The slates on the bed were bowing down. My hubby says I can't sleep there I will crush you by morning so he gets in the bottom bunk with me. Needless to say neither of us slept all night.
Ms Claudia also says she has to get up to go by fresh bread in the morning so we could not have breakfast until 7:30. We go to breakfast and no bread just a cake she baked and coffee. Reviews said fantastic breakfast NOT!!!.
What I think happened was she had a family to booked for a longer stay so she gave my room away. Then she had the nerve to charge me full price.
Oh yes the reviews said she had a great personality. She scammed us as far as I am concerned. I would never stay there again!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
claudiaferri, Proprietario at B&B Claudia Ferri, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Dear Maria,
I apologize, I made a mistake in reading the reservation from Hostelworld. I was sure it was two nights and one room instead of two rooms for one night... I'm terribly sorry but as you remember I tried to do all my best to find you another accomodation (Hotel San Zanieri, five stars!) but you did not accept the upgrade because you all wanted to stay together and closer to the airport.
Then I gave you my own small room with "castle -bed" saying that it had a problem in the bed.
I'm sorry it was not perfect but that is the bed where I sleep every night...
Regarding the breakfast what can I say: my cakes are beloved by my guests as you can read in all reviews. But I guess it's a question of taste!
Last but not least: I'm not used to give rooms away. As I wrote before I made a mistake in reading the reservation but I never thought to give the room away!
I don't know if I have a great personality but, for sure, I'm proud of my work.
So let me invite you in Pisa once more, Miss Maria, with all your family and I'm sure you'll change your opinion.
Regards,
Claudia Ferri

Been to B&B Claudia Ferri? Share your experiences!