“Lovely hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 229 Pisa B&B and Inns
crazy21girl
“Lovely hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here last week for 3 nights, and it was perfect, i was a bit wary after the reviews but would stay here again! Its not even a 5 minute walk from the tower, has plenty of nice cafe/restaurants all nearby and only a 20 minute walk to the trainstation. The room was clean and cleaned every day, the bath/shower were great.
Checking in at the other hotel was not a problem, it's on your confirmation and also on the hotel website which surely people would check once booked? We got a lift to our hotel after checking in as it was raining, which was nice!
No complaints at all!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Having read the reviews on here I feel the need to stand up for this hidden gem. Yes you do have to check in at another hotel, however, this is made perfectly clear on the website and is only a few streets away. Really no drama as long as you are prepared for a short walk. The hotel itself is excellently located, a stones throw from the tower itself and lots of restaurants close by. It is in walking distance of the river, bars and some very good ice-cream establishments! We found the hotel to be very good indeed, the room was spacious, the en suite was lovely and the general furnishing was incredibly pleasant. Breakfast wasn't bad, we had a selection of ham, cheese, bread, fruit and pastries. Checking out was - it was done when we checked in so just had to leave the key in the door when we left. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants an easy, relatively cheap stay.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We read the instructions about where to check in which was fine but if the sister hotel cannot even give the right instructions on how to get to the B&B, then I think they need training - big time. The room was ok - the location is great. There is no aircon in the room but in the hallway (???).The breakfast was average. I watched the guy taking care of coffees during breakfast cleaning a table - using his hands to wipe of any crumbs - maybe I am just a bit fussy. It's not bad but I don't think it's worth the money - but then Pisa is quite expensive. I wish Expedia hadn't messed up our booking with the main hotel which looked very nice and which I would have preferred to stay at.....

Room Tip: The higher up the better - if you have the windows open during the night you will hear the street cl...
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I prefer 3-4 star, and that is what you will get from this hotel. The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The service at the 5 star parent is great, we were very pleased with the timeliness and attention to our needs. We did not see anyone at the Fiori (guests or staff), until we saw the restaurant staff at breakfast. Breakfast is very light and promptly ends at 9:30, and they do not hesitate to shut it down. My brilliant wife made reservations for dinner at the 5 star parent hotel when we checked it, EXCELLENT choice, arguably the best salmon steak, wine and apps we have ever had and the service was excellent (made our night!). Be aware of the checkin process and make sure to go to the 5 star parent first which is about 3 blocks away from the florio (5 minute walk, not bad). If you are driving a car, just weave your way through the crowds (it will feel like you are going the wrong direction, but a gps will take you right to the front door). You should be able to find parking just in front of the hotel, if not, there is a small parking area just past the hotel on the left where you can jump out, checkin then have the concierge tell you where to park (if you don't want to pay to park in their secure area). As for Pisa.... As we look back on it now, we would have made it a small day trip versus an overnight. Very commercial, small and truth be told not a lot to see compared to the neighboring towns of Lucca, La Spezia, Florence and Sienna.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
danbenjoseph
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is quite a shame! This place is a restored (and beautifully done) old house, with gorgeaus rooms and a perfect location. Based on these I would give it five stars. However, the service is so bad that I would never consider staying here again.
I booked this hotel through an online agency and got confirmation with the hotel's address and details. I arrived to Pisa late at night, I knew that parking is not available near the hotel, so I parked about 15 minutes walk away and dragged my luggage, this would not be a problem, if not for the nasty surprise I got when arrived at the hotel and faced a locked door. When I pushed the intercom, a woman in an irritated voice told me to come to the other hotel and check in. Other hotel????? I was explained rather rudely that there is no choice and that there is an annoucement on the door (i found it - a small printed page stuck to the door in Italian only). When I announced that I have no intentions to go any further with my luggage, reluctantly she said that she will send her colleague to help me and that he would be there in 5 minutes as the other hotel is only 300 meters away. I waited for over 10 minutes and nobody came. Due to the late hour, and the fact that I prepaid the hotel, I walked to the "other hotel" (after 10 minutes, and the time being after 11 pm - I decided not to wait for the "help"). When I arrived there and complained to the front desk clerck, Leo, he attacked me and blamed me for not knowing their policy of not being able to check in at the hotel I booked!! This was the rudest reception I have ever got in any hotel. He kept blaming me that I di not wait for the help, he blamed the medieval town for the fact that the help did not arrive, he blamed the management for their policies, he blamed the whole world, just forgot to blame himself for a very unproffessional and rude service. Eventually we gor to the room, which is as I wrote is beautiful. Breakfast was OK, but nothing to rave about, certainly not at par with other 3 star hotels I stayed in while in Italy.
I once learned in a business school that you may have the most beautiful or best product in the world, if you can not stand behind it with good service, it is worth nothing!!! This is certainly true of this "hotel". BEWARE!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Pretty miffed when we were dropped off by taxi to find the door locked and check in was at a different hotel. Turned left instead of right and walked back towards the river. Realised our mistake and with a grumpy husband and dragging our cases, I wasn't in great spirits. However, got back to the hotel, used the intercom and within minutes we were collected by the bell boy, taken to the sister hotel, checked in, driven back and had our cases taken up to a pretty, well equipped, spotless room. The location is fantastic, breakfast basic but given the price one can't complain. If you want a fully serviced hotel then pay the price. For the money I'd certainly recommend this B&B.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Be aware and follow the directions for checking in at a different location. We followed the directions and went straight to the "checking hotel" and they allowed us to check in early." The room was very cute and clean. You're about 10 mins. from the Cathedral and Leaning Tower. The breakfast was just ok. The only thing I didn't like was that the doors (automatic sliding door) of the hotel were open at night and there is nobody there. Anybody can just walk in...

Room Tip: Read the check in instruction before going.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Relais dei Fiori? Share your experiences!