We were advised we could check in at 2pm, which really suited us. We turned up, but were kept waiting in the lobby for an hour. As we had two very young children, this was extremely unwelcome. There was no explanation offered other than "the room isn't ready".
Eventually, we went to our room and found a desk with a fresh coffee burn mark, uncleaned and sticky.
There's nothing for children in the hotel at all - it's in the middle of an industrial estate. The wi-fi is a joke - nobody could connect long enough to use it. The TV was about ten years old. The service was poor - the receptionist was moaning to people about her shift. The restaurant also refused to take our party at 8.30. Apparently being a hotel guest does not guarantee you food.
Positives - bar staff were friendly. Breakfast selection was good. Hotel is close to airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galilei, moderno con 153 camere dotate di tutti i comforts di cui 2 Junior Suite. Posizione ideale per visitare Pisa e i dintorni. 6 sale meeting con tutte le attrezzature necessatie. Bar e Ristorante che offrono servizio di ristorazione dal mattino fino alla sera. Servizio transfer da/per Aeroporto e centro città, a pagamento, da prenotare in anticipo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Galilei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Galilei - Pisa Hotel Pisa
- My Onehotel Galilei Pisa
- My Onehotel Galilei Hotel Pisa