“Short stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 82 Hotels in Pisa
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The rooms are nice, modern and bright. Bathroom an unusual design. Vanity is glass (watch the corner) not very practical. The hotel is 4 minutes walk from a good shopping centre and the same to the bus stop for the city. We did not realise you needed a ticket or where to get one but the driver let us on free.The hotel breakfast is very good and the staff helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: facing the front.Nice and sunny
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Had what was a rather enjoyable overnight stay in AC Pisa until me and my partner woke to find ants in bed with ua, further examination under a rug (which was very dirty) found an ants nest. Spoke to reception who appologied and suggested we visited a hospital, didn't seem like they cared, will never go back and wouldn't advise anyone anywhere to go to this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
Almere, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Good hotel, located on the outskirts with free public parking
Fine connection to city center by local transportation
Very nice welcome by recpetion desk staff at 11.30 pm
Spacious,modern and clean rooms with shower and facilities
Buffet breakfast with fresh baked pastries better that expected.
Good value for money

Cologne, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Being a Platinum Rewards Elite Member I am a loyal customer to Marriott and also booked
my stay in Pisa with Marriott. A mistake that I should regret for the rest of my vacation!

The purpose of the trip to Pisa was a dinner that was planned for almost 6 month. After a pleasant check-in experience, I had to find out that the water was switched off from the city for the hotel. Whilst this an happen, I do not understand why this was not being advised when I checked in 5 minutes earlier. Unfortunately the staff choose the salami tactic and told me the water was going to be back in 20 minutes, than again in 5 minutes and so on. They even offered me another room where the shower also did not work, god knows about this motivation? It ended an hour later when i had to cancel my dinner because of the hotel staff not advising the truth about the problem, nor advising anybody else about the lack of water at check-in.

On top Internet was not working at in the room, only in public areas. A challenge they were not able able to fix until we checked out! Talking about customer service, they called after midnight, of course when we were all asleep, that the Internet was not going to work ...

Even better customer service the next morning when we get an unordered wake-up call at 6.20am
and a 7.30am a hotel staff walks intonthe room frightening the children to death. He wanted tompick-up our luggage and take it to the bus. The front office staff had obviously added us to
a bus group staying at the hotel, even though we were not.

Above all, this all was the start into my birthday, so thank you AC Pisa for spoiling not only
my stay in Pisa, cost occured for coming to Pisa and being able to enjoy it, and my birthday. I sincerely hope that the rest of coming twelve month will be better than how the AC Pisa has choosen to kick them off.

It truly was the worst hotel stay ever, not because of hardware, but because of incompetent staff
and service attitude, topped being called a "cazzo" from the front desk manager when I raised the complaint to him and not being satisfied with a simply "I am sorry"

Room Tip: would avoid second floor, that is at least where my internet service did not work
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Knaresborough, N.Yorks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed for just one night arriving quite late following our flight from LBA. Taxi cost 20 euros but it was well worth staying a little outside Pisa. Having arrived at the hotel at around 11.30pm. We were pleased with our room which was modern, clean and comfortable. However, we were a little disappointed that the bar was closed, but the receptionist pointed us in the direction of a bar/restaurant within 5 mins walk, so we decided to have a stroll enjoying a v warm evening. To our delight, the bar was open with quite a few people sitting outside enjoying a drink or two. We had a bottle of wine and took in the atmosphere. Strolled back to the hotel and enjoyed a good nights sleep, although we were woken quite early by a combination of other departing guests and enthusiastic cleaners. Enjoyed a good continental breakfast which was extremely reasonably priced at 6 euros per person. Overall a good start to our holiday.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We are owners of Marriott Vacation/Point Timeshares. On our recent trip to Italy we spent one night in Pisa at this Marriott hotel. Horrible! The air conditioner did not work and when I asked the clerk (a woman) at the front desk said there was nothing they could do until the morning when the maintenance guy came in. There were no other rooms so we spent the night in agony with the heat. I asked to speak with the manager and again she indicated he/she would not be there until the morning. She was very rude and unwilling to help our stay pleasant. The staff was very rude with the exception of a server in the restaurant where we had breakfast, (of course he was from the Philippines ) all Italians are very unwelcoming and unwilling to help. We asked for extra towels which we never received! I DO NOT recommend staying here I can not believe Marriott has there name on the hotel.

Room Tip: Look for other heotels nar the area of the historic sites. This hotel was distant from the tower.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here for two days as I was passing through Pisa. I had one of the suite rooms. There was a study table, sofa and small TV in the front room. The bedroom had two double beds and a washing basin with an adjoining bathroom. The size was good and the rooms were very clean (except the bathroom, more on that later). Unfortunately that's where the compliments end.

I won't mix my words here, this place was extremely expensive considering the location. It was a good 15-20 euro taxi ride to the main attractions of Pisa. Luck would have it that the bus drivers were on strike while I was there, so any bus connection was out of the question. Also the room had several issues such as the air con in the bedroom not working and some serious condensation leakage coming through cracks in the ceiling fittings. As a result there was always a large pool of water to greet me at the door. Given that I was only there for two days, I decided it was not worth whinging and having to move my stuff again. The shower was moldy and were set up in a way that reminded me of sports class back in high school.

There was also a huge number of visitors at the time of my stay. Any service at the front desk would mean a 10 minute wait. Also food at the hotel restaurant was nothing to write home about.

Now I don't know if my experience here was unusual for the place, so don't discount it on my review alone. However if you're looking for a place to stay to visit the tower and other wonderful sights of Pisa - I'd suggest you look for something closer to town!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to AC Hotel Pisa by Marriott? Share your experiences!