Upon leaving Florence, we drove to Pisa and stayed at the AC Hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is outside of the town (and the ZTL), which makes it friendly to people traveling by car. Our overall impression was one of a good, modern hotel, but the website somewhat over-sold some of the amenities.
+ Spacious room
+ Air conditioning
+ Private bathroom with modern amenities
+ Breakfast buffet included
+ Easy, 5-min walk to the LAM "blue" bus, which is what you ride into the town of Pisa.
+ Situated near a shopping center (groceries, drug store, atm/bankomat, gas station, etc.)
+ Near the major Autostrada exits, which makes driving to/from reasonable
+ 20 minutes to Pisa international airport (by car)
+ Dinner available on-site, and meals were good. (Limited menu)
+ Comfortable bed (king)
+ Free parking on-site (not secure)
+ Qualifies for Marriott points
+ Refrigerator in-room included a few complementary drinks and had room for other items
+ Elevators available, which helps when carrying large bags
+ Pet friendly
- Room was a bit worn (marks on the wall, burned-out bulbs, cracked sink, toilet seat broken)
- Can be noisy. Floors are laminate and walls are not thick, so loud neighbors can be disturbing
- Breakfast buffet was sold as "including hot food", but did not. Basic cold cuts, bread, fruit & pastries
- The fitness room was a joke. 2 cardio machines, a free bench and dumbbells for a 5-year old. Plus, the turkish shower/bath was left disheveled.
- No free Wi-Fi, and very expensive internet charges
- Location sits across from apartments and a gas station, so don't expect memorable views
* Most attractions/places shut down around 8pm, so there is not a lot to do around the hotel in the evening.
* Pisa is primarily known for the "field of miracles", which includes the leaning tower. This is definitely worth a visit, but one day in Pisa to see the town is all you really need.
* Is a good base location, from which you can easily drive to Lucca (recommend), Livorno, Cinque Terra (recommend, but long drive. Take a bus tour if you can.), Florence, Siena and other places.
* While friendly, the staff was not quite as knowledgeable or helpful in directing us to visiting attractions outside of Pisa. Do your homework ahead of time...
- Also Known As:
- Ac Hotels Pisa
- Ac Hotel Pisa
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your AC Hotel Pisa by Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.