“Tiny rooms” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Alessandro Manzoni, 22, 56125 Pisa, Italy   |
Ranked #49 of 80 Hotels in Pisa
“Tiny rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed here with our two young boys (4 & 2).

Our rooms was VERY small.

It was clean though and the staff were friendly and helpful.

The Hotel is a nice 20 minute walk to the tower and 5 minutes walk to the main part of town.

A negative - we were in the airport in Krakow waiting our flight to Pisa and managed to acquire some Wifi to browse the internet on my phone. An email came through from Booking.com saying the Hotel would cancel our booking if we did not call through a new credit card number. We were due to arrive in Pisa at 10pm with our young famly.
If I had not checked my emails and made the call I hate to think what could have happened, but this is terrible service.

Oh, and the rooms have some kind of central heating that is impossible to turn off. Nights were uncomfortably hot. The lady at reception mentioned to us that we could open the windows?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The price for double room was different on internet(less 10 euro) from this in the hotel.The receptionist was very unprofessional and said that the price is 70 euro instead of 60 euro(as it was in internet) and will not sell it for less or give us any discount.
Highly not recommended|.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had chosen this hotel for one night in August 2013 because it was close to the train station and because we had to leave early the next morning. When we arrived, the woman at the reception did not speak any English nor did she seem to understand or speak much Italian. All she had was a piece of paper with our booking half printed and unreadable. We had booked a double room with a private bathroom. We quickly found out that the bathroom was down a long corridor and not in suite. In addition, we were given a first room which did not have a double bed but two single beds instead. When we complained, we were given a room with a double bed but with no air conditionning. When we complained again, the receptionist (only staff in the hotel apparently) gave us back the initial bedroom and just pulled the two single beds together (according to receptionist, all double beds in the hotel are actually single beds put together). We never got a single word of apology.

The bedroom was tiny and had a terrible smell like vinegar or ketchup (impossible to get rid of the smell all night even by opening the window). The beds were very poor quality and squeaked and clicked any time we moved. The (private?) shower and toilet were down the corridor and were also tiny and barely clean. The rooms are very badly isolated so we could actually here the people in the bedrooms around us opening and closing the cupboard and drawers in their own rooms.

This hotel is a complete scam. A youth hostel would be cleaner, nicer and in better state than this hotel. It should not even be referenced on booking.com. It's cheap enough (60 € for the night) and that's what we wanted but for that price you still expect to be able to sleep and wash in a place which is decent. This hotel was not. We woke up in the morning feeling sick and itchy. Please avoid.

Room Tip: we saw rooms 109 and 111. 109 smelled like vinegar. 111 had no air conditionning.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SF
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My boy-friend & I booked this hotel in July 2013 for 3 nights. The guy at the receptionist was very friendly and nice, but the rooms have a serious bed bug issue.

First we went to a room at the end of the hallway and this room smelled like a bad sourish vinegar and the Wi-fi did not work at all and then they moved us to another room which looked ok.
But on the night we arrived we got bitten by a lot of bed bugs, I almost got 12 bites only on one arm (see my photo attached), I rushed to the reception desk & show them my bites, they said NO NO that's mosquito bites. I knew by heart they were bed bugs bites and I got a lot more bites for the rest of my stay there. (Ruined completely my vacation)
The sad part is I brought them home with me and I also saw two of them crawling down my suitcase the first night I came back :-( They are all over my bedroom now & I have been fighting to kill them for the past 2 months!

Please please do yourself a favor and DON'T book this hotel and don't go through what I have been so far!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Iasi, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Good value for the money, it is a hotel with one floor, no elevator. The room we stayed in was clean but small, and also the shower was a little too small, but we were traveling a lot so we did not look for the extra comfort.
The real plus is that it is close to the train station, we were allowed to come in late and the receptionist is a great guy. He speaks very good english and also helped us with a map and places to eat.

• Stayed July 2013
Rabat
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The staff member that first checked us in was wonderful. He was really helpful, friendy, and gave us a great restaurant recommendation. Unfotrunately he was not there the next day, and the next staff member was rude and acted as if we were disturbing him when we asked him questions. Our first morning we went downstairs and asked if there was breakfast. He responded with "yes of course" and were brought a coffee and a croissant. We were not given a menu, and continued to believe breakfast was free. Upon checkout, we were charged 20 euros for breakfast for 2 days. We were very upset, because we felt tricked. He knew we thought breakfast was free.
Besides the rude staff member, the hotel was hot and wifi didn't work in the room. The hotel was way too expensive for the quality. I payed less money for a great Hotel in the center of rome.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kolding, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We were there for one night . The air conditioner did not work and the person at reception could not help with fixing it. Though must say he was a nice guy, spoke perfect English and was helpful otherwise. We stayed in Quadruple room but there were towels and toiletries for just 3 persons . Good location but quite noisy if you need to open windows.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel Astor? Share your experiences!