“Great place to stay when travelling” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Pisa
London, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay when travelling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

It's this simple: superb value for money, decent bedroom (it's not the Ritz - but clean and comfortable), plumbing that works and a substantial breakfast for £46 including taxes. It's 200M from the train station and the staff were friendly and helpful. Outstanding value and a very pleasant stay
I will return

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was arriving late on my own and heading off the next morning so needed somewhere to stay near the station in Pisa. I knew the Cavilieri opposite the station but did not want to pay those prices. From Tripadvisor I gathered this place would fit the bill, though would not win any prizes for decor. That is exactly right, my rating is low as I wouldn't want anyone to think I would recommend it as a smart hotel, but for what I wanted I would not fault it.
I was able to arrange for a driver to pick me up from the airport (not altogether necessary but it just made life easier) for 13 euro, as we pulled up the man on Reception came out and very cheerfully helped me with my bag and checked me in. The decor was very dark and dingy as people say, and the room tired looking, and I noticed some wallpaper hanging off in places. But the sheets on the bed were crisply laundered, the bed comfortable, the bathroom though a bit poky worked perfectly. Air conditioning worked, that was all I needed. Next morning there was a surprisingly good choice for breakfast, I was away by 8.15am. Total cost 52 euro + 1.50 euro local tax, I don't think I would have done better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

A 17 year old girl travelling to Pisa to meet my boyfriend seemed daunting enough. Catching a plane, public transport etc. very little Italian. Finally arriving at the hotel, I was hot, frustrated and very very hungry. However the gentleman at the reception instantly put a smile on my face! It must of been his Italian charm! He fixed me up with a superb room, the bathroom was modern although the rest was a little dated. I'm not complaining I thought it was all so beautiful and the hotel itself had personality. The bed was comfy, huge mirror and a television. Breakfast! Wow, what a breakfast! You name it they had it. With my love for nutella and pastries I was over the moon. Fresh bread, bacon, eggs, fruit platters and coffee I was in heaven. So where does one go when in Pisa alone? I asked the gentleman at reception, he gave me a map and pointed out the best places as well as the leaning tower! He went that extra mile. It was a Friday night, and he recommended a lovely restaurant to go to where he knew they would look after me. I'd recommend this hotel to anybody! Close to the train station, the tower and bang in the centre. I would happily return, as I felt so looked after and cared for. It's a special place. Thank you to the team that looked after me!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and just loved it. So close to the central station that we visited Florence & Sienna as well. The breakfast was amazing - there was so much choice which is unusual in European hotels. The hotel is somewhat dated but very clean and the rooms are fine - so no complaints. We were able to walk to the tower through lovely narrow streets with shops and stalls to keep us amused on the way. Would definitely recommend to our friends and stay again in the Hotel La Pace if we are ever in that area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is right by Pisa train station and well within reach of the leaning tower. 24 hour desk is very useful. Breakfast was sumptuous. However for Euro 90, the rooms do not have renovated and new quality and you might add in another 30 Euros to get a 4 star room in case you want a clean and newly renovated 4/5-star feel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Location of this hotel is superb for those travelling by train. Just one minute away from train station and bus terminus. Next to the hotel is a nice piazza and plenty of restaurants and cafes to relax in. Centre is a nice walk away, passing through the nice narrow streets of Pisa. Hotel is not furnished very nicely but rooms were very clean, air conditioned and served with wifi and tv. Breakfast was very good with a vast choice of food (english bfast, continental bfast, fruit, cakes . . .) People at reception were very nice and helpful and they really made us feel welcome. Imo the hotel is good value for money. I would stay there again if in Pisa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Falmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed in this comfortable Hotel for one night as it was easy access from the airport and the Main train station.
I was particularly impressed by the kindness of the Manager who took some left behind items to the airport for us so that we wouldn't have to do a detour to pick them up on our return trip. Thank you so much! Thanks to his kindness we caught the plane in time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel La Pace? Share your experiences!