Prior to booking this hotel I had some reservations, given some of the other reviews posted. Subsequent experience has made me even more doubtful of the judgements of those who might be sleeping in the room nextdoor.
We found the Relais to be a very well placed hotel and the staff, without exception, to be extremely welcoming and keen to assist. The rooms have a style not found in standard chains, it was very quiet and the garden/ restaurant setting was quite delightful. There is a hot tub too, but my doubts about the nextdoor neighbours precluded any closer encounter.
Breakfast is a bit of poolside deckchair scramble and more could be done to improve this I'm sure. The wifi is also variable, possibly due to the downloading next door, but this should be improved. The lounge on the third floor is another pleasant retreat and the XIII decor still looks fresh enough. It's not the cheapest but it certainly was very pleasant and relaxing and outperforms many others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located really close to the leaning Tower of Pisa, the age-old Relais dell’Orologio is the ideal place to visit the City, its monuments, the University, its museums, its squares, its markets, its shops, its artisan workshops by foot and to move about its province towards Lucca and Versilia. For a romantic getaway, for a honeymoon, to experience art, culture and the humanity of the place, in other words to appreciate Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Relais dell'Orologio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Relais Dell Orologio
- Relais Dell Orologio Hotel