“4 Nacht in diesem Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Relais dell'Orologio
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via della Faggiola, 12-14, 56126 Pisa, Italy   |
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Pisa
Berlin, Germany
“4 Nacht in diesem Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stay in Pisa about 1 month with my family and here we stay good. Large rooms and good price we will back in winter maybe but we will move to another place in tuscany.In this hotel all perfect and clean but they missed our reservation. Parking for car near the hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Well now, I was/had been living in Florence, IT, & wound up in Pisa as the result of my Original plans of going to Assissi were canceled, due to a last minute Train "cancellato" as I arrived to catch my train at 7:AM! So..., since I did have my ticket (but not to Pisa) & was already at the station, packed and ready to go on an adventure, I scoured the arrival & departure trains, to see what was the VERY next train I could catch, and it was to Pisa! Oddly enough, after traveling many times to Europe, and Italy, I had resisted going because I thought it was "too corny" & a tourist trap.
Therefore when I arrived in Pisa w/No reservations, I Walked to center/ luggage in tow, (not a bad walk), and Stopped on my way at a sunglass shop, for a quick fix repair (free), & inquired with owner for a Hotel suggestion. He mentioned only 2 places, both owned by a French Lady from Paris, so I was set! The first was booked solid, but they offered to call their sister Hotel Relais dell'Orologio, to inquire on vacancies. They were able to accommodate me (early evening at this point), & were expecting me. Of I went, with luggage still in tow, & arrived at this most lovely of Boutique hotels. Room was small (only one available) but beautifully appointed, & right on the First/street side floor, which was really cool, since I could open my window, as people walked by (NO cars, pedestrian only) so still quiet! Since I do speak Italian, but am obviously Not Italian, I was treated extremely well, & catered to even more, since I was traveling "SOLA" and a Lady!

Manager came over & introduced himself to me the next day, & inquired about my comfort. Little in-house Restaurant Bar, served me Complimentary Prosecco & Hors d'oeuvres! Next morning, there Was a Buffet style Breakfast, with choice of hot dishes, & Cappuccino, served here also
(included).
There is a hotel Pre-arranged, w/discount, Walking tour of Pisa. DEFINITELY take it. Best way to learn about city history, while visiting Top and more obscure Highlights of City. Great Way to orient yourself to the city, so you can return on your own later. That first sight of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, WILL take your breath away, but there is more to that attraction, besides the Tower. LOVED the entire experience! Pisa is a VERY user friendly city. Will definitely stay at this Hotel when next I return.

Room Tip: Since they gave me the only room available, at the last minute, I would try for a larger room. howev...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

First thing that happened was that we didn't receive the room category we booked at hotels.com. When we complained in the reception, we were told that there must have been some kind of mix up at hotels.com since the hotel only had standard rooms and suites. The receptionist then offered us an empty suite as compensation (after photocopying our booking to be able to complain to hotels.com).

This was just the first sign of the personels service mindedness. They gladly helped us with everything from recommending probably the best restaurant in Pisa to lending us umbrellas. I'm truly surprised of other comments regarding the staff, but perhaps we were lucky visiting a night when the ordinary staff's friendly cousines were on duty???

The standard of the suite was better than average, though not the most luxurious suite in the world. To us it was perfectly good. The standard rooms where a bit small, but would also have done for one or two nights.

A little weird thing was that the minibar only contained water and Coke. When we asked about it the explanation given was that it is a free minibar. Fair enough, but we would rather it had some more and being a paid minibar. But that was really a detail.

All in all I would give the hotel a four, but considering the staff's service mindedness I happily upgrade it to a five!

Room Tip: Suites is really two former rooms remade to one, meaning you get two of everything (like two bathroo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RelaisOrologioPisa, Direttore vendite at Hotel Relais dell'Orologio, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Many thank for your nice review.
Our staff always strives to do as much as possible to make Guesst happy and your words are the best rewards for our work.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

we booked a room at the hotel dell orologio for the 24th of march this year 2013 with a table booked in the so well advertsided restaurant,we were asked to pay in advance as most hotel do now, and we did. we arrived in the afternoon went upstairs and on our return back downstairs we were told by an arrogant member of staff at the reception that the restaurant was closed,and they could only offer us cold dishes or salads..or to use the restaurant next door.they did not apologized in any way wathsoever and if i may say they were rude too.
we couldnt believed that a 5 star hotel could operate without a restaurant or a fully prepared breakfast buffet....terrible experience it was for us.if only we knew were to make a formal complaint in italy we would...and the room was dirty too. never never again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Let me first apologize for the attitude of our receptionist: there is no excuse in case you have not felt welcomed and at home.
We are renovating the menu of our restaurant but we already offer at any time Tuscan cold dishes, salads, tasty hot pasta and primi.
Anyway Hotel Relais dell’Orologio is very close to many nice typical restaurants and our reception always suggest a good a alternative next door.
I personally check our rooms every day and I can guarantee you and all of our Guests that our cleaning standards are very high and we receive daily many praises for the cleanliness of our Hotel.
I really hope you can change your mind and give us a new chance to welcome you again in our hotel.
Christchurch, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Best thing we can say is the hotel's breakfast and location.

Indifference of the man who welcomed us at reception was exacerbated by giving very poor Internet support. Gave me wrong passwords several times and insisted that it was my computer and that it should be restarted. I challenged this and he went online and found a passcode that would work.

We had two small suitcases and could not find any space to put them in this overpriced "superior" room.

It was Sunday and their restaurant was closed; the snacks and drinks they served were priced more than a full course meal at a luxury hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

As stated in other reviews this hotel is in a wonderful, central location, it is beautifully decorated and furnished with charming Italian antique furniture...then there is the staff! Very different story!

We were disappointed as had booked a junior suite (via third party agent). On arrival were shown to our room which was definetely not a suite. When we contacted reception we were told the suite was already occupied and that we could transfer to it on our final night - for a fee!! After several phone calls and trips to reception we were then informed that this indeed was a junior suite. Their story had changed several times by then.

Service generally was slow and apathetic.

On check-out we advised reception we were waiting for a taxi and indicated where we would be sitting. Thinking our driver was 15 minutes late we approached reception to contact the taxi company. We were then told the driver had arrived 15 minutes earlier and had returned to his vehicle outside - they had "forgotten" to tell us. Very inefficient and disappointing. Would certainly not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Lugano, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Excellent location, right in the heart of town center and a few steps from the tower. This is the only one issue which can justify a good category level.
Bad welcome at the reception, totally unpersonal, "The Club" SLH membership has been not even recognized, no luggage assistance.
Average room size and amenities with nice marble bathroom. Ridiculous 14 inches TV set.
Terrible restaurant. Very limited choice of untasty kind of snack bar pre cooked food. That's why that maybe we were the only one customers ... Average breakfast buffet.
Definitely it doesn't whorts 5 stars!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Relais dell'Orologio? Share your experiences!