we booked a room at the hotel dell orologio for the 24th of march this year 2013 with a table booked in the so well advertsided restaurant,we were asked to pay in advance as most hotel do now, and we did. we arrived in the afternoon went upstairs and on our return back downstairs we were told by an arrogant member of staff at the reception that the restaurant was closed,and they could only offer us cold dishes or salads..or to use the restaurant next door.they did not apologized in any way wathsoever and if i may say they were rude too.
we couldnt believed that a 5 star hotel could operate without a restaurant or a fully prepared breakfast buffet....terrible experience it was for us.if only we knew were to make a formal complaint in italy we would...and the room was dirty too. never never again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located really close to the leaning Tower of Pisa, the age-old Relais dell’Orologio is the ideal place to visit the City, its monuments, the University, its museums, its squares, its markets, its shops, its artisan workshops by foot and to move about its province towards Lucca and Versilia. For a romantic getaway, for a honeymoon, to experience art, culture and the humanity of the place, in other words to appreciate Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hotel Relais dell'Orologio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Relais Dell Orologio
- Relais Dell Orologio Hotel