Having booked and read many peoples experiences about this hotel, I was a bit concerned as quite a few recent reports were poor. We personally thought otherwise. We have been to other five star hotels and yes, the rooms are a little smaller, but this is Italy and the room was beautiful. There wasnt a tea and coffee tray in the room, which is unusual for a five star, but did have water and coke for free in the minibar, so a plus and a minus. The food at breakfast was great, lovely choice and very attentive service. The garden had a spa and plenty of chairs and loungers and was in a great setting. The hotel is just minutes walk from the Leaning Tower so another plus. The staff were all very helpful and polite. Its just small things like a slightly broken shower head, slightly grubby grout around the bath etc that makes this a 4 star. If it was a 4 star I would give it 5, but as a 5 star, I give it a 4. Honestly, we had a lovely stay. Everyone has their own views and I was apprehensive, but for its style, setting and location alone, go for it.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Relais Dell Orologio
- Relais Dell Orologio Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located really close to the leaning Tower of Pisa, the age-old Relais dell’Orologio is the ideal place to visit the City, its monuments, the University, its museums, its squares, its markets, its shops, its artisan workshops by foot and to move about its province towards Lucca and Versilia. For a romantic getaway, for a honeymoon, to experience art, culture and the humanity of the place, in other words to appreciate Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Relais dell'Orologio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.