“convenient location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 73 Hotels in Pisa
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
“convenient location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We arrived in Pisa on the busiest day for the luminaria festival. We couldn't find a room anywhere so we checked in luggage at the station. After dinner in front of the towere we saw this hotel and they had a room! As there had been a cancellation. Basic room with a terrace that had a view of the tower and the park. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: Room with terrace has a good view and is very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mons, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The selling point of this hotel is its location just a couple of blocks away from the tower. The hotel was clean but basic with no frills. Our triple had three beds and not a lot else. The bathroom was small but clean. The breakfast was uninspiring; the coffee was good but everything else was prepackaged.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Took my daughter to Pisa with me for my birthday weekend. Arrived at 11pm on sat and left on tuesaday at 9.30am. I had to call the hotel to get the correct email address as the one on there website was wrong. I booked my stay with Expedia £195 for 3 nights but was not given my 10% online discount as promised and they charge you in euros so I got a charge of about £6 in bank fees, which annoyed me. The booking didn't have breakfast included, i believe it costs €4. I arranged prior with the hotel for a transfer to & from the hotel which cost €15 each way (€7.50 each) which was good compared to stupid quotes on the Internet for airport transfers. Please just get a taxi as not that far away, I had quotes between £50-120...greedy! The hotel was pleasant with a sliding door & key card security entry which was good, also has a lift and a terrace for breakfast if you have it. We took our own porridge pots as I knew rooms had a kettle. Also has a mini bar fridge with the cheapest prices ever, 1€ for water big bottle of wine €9. The towels were funny,
waffle dish towel material, so we used the floor mat which was towel material. We had requested a room at the back overlooking the botanical gardens as read about the noise issue but were given a room on the first floor above the main door and it was noisy on the sat night until 2am then a rubbish lorry came round at 3 or 4 am then you hear the cafes setting up for the days trade at 7am, so was shattered the first day,got quieter
Each night. The room we got had no safe despite instructions on how to use it? the air con worked nice and quiet. Tv with good signal and the odd english film/programme & remote control. room door was electronic card. couple of bulbs out in some lights but not a big issue as plenty light. bed okay, but i prefer softer, only 1 thin pillow provided so had to ask for more, but were hard to locate spares due to being full. Location was extremely close to the leaning tower, so much so it took my breath away. We booked to climb online a few days before, €18 but also gets you entry into the church which was very nice. we done the 9am slot which was great as the bells went of at 9.15am. It was also nice to get there before the crowds, you must also see the towers at night too. Great
bakery/cafe when you turn right when you come out of the hotel on the corner of the road. And some inexpensive restaurants can be found incl kebab & Chinese shops if you have had enough pizza & pasta. We also had an Indian meal at 'Namaste' food good & 3 course meal was €15. Convenience shops easily found. Train station a pleasant 15-20 walk through main shopping area, but didn't like the shop areas opposite the station as this is where lots of dodgy people congregate making me feel slightly uneasy, so I made sure we returned back from our travels before it got dark. Train journeys cheap, we went to lucca one day, 20-30 ride then hired a bike for 3 hours to ride around the walled city, the next day we went to Florence 1hr away and done a walking tour. I liked trying the bread, salami cheese & olive oil on offer in the shops to try, delicious! The weather was great, Ryanair delayed both ways by up to
45/60mins. Queues to go through security were long when we were there, we were shopping in duty free area and didn't realise that we had to queue again upstairs for passport control at our gate 24 so bare that in mind when waiting on your plane. All in all we had a great time sight seeing & eating gelato every couple of hours. Now time to hit the gym. :) enjoy

• Stayed May 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Francesco in Pisa this weekend because of its location and very reasonable price. We arrived at 9pm at night after being called by the reservation desk and told we had to hurry up and check-in before the desk closed at 10pm. Even though the website and posted material at the hotel says the front desk is open until midnight. When we arrived, we had our Ipad visible to the front desk and a guy hanging around just inside the front door. We got to the room which was nice and had a terrace. We planned to head out to catch a late dinner and went to put our belongings in the safe. To our surprise the safe was barely large enough to fit our passports, let alone my Ipad. Thinking that was strange, we decided to keep our passports on us, but to leave the Ipad on the desk. When we woke up the next day to leave the hotel, we noticed the Ipad was missing. We asked the front desk if they had seen it to which they said they had not. We were in a rush to catch a train so we left. These are the facts, I don't want to make any assumptions about what happened, but regardless it was not a good experience and the security of the hotel was not adequate for storing valuables safely.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

It's my third time in Pisa and, as usual, we are at Hotel Francesco. Why? Because it's like to be at home in Italy, be from wherever you are: the rooms are cosy, comfortable,very clean, the breakfast is wonderful and the warmness of the staff is amazing. I advise every traveller to stay here, since the quality of this hotel and the hospitality of its staff is rarely seen in other European hotels. And not forgetting the location, that is the best one could want: 100 mts from the tower...My favorite of all others: Hotel Francesco. Chose it and you will feel at home in Pisa!

Room Tip: If you are thinking about travel to Pisa, just send them an email: the booking is easy and you will...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Cephalonia, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

A couple of minutes from the Leaning Tower and not too pricy! The exterior looks like the rest of the street ie nothing to write home about. Inside it is clean, neat , tidy and welcominig. Not the height of luxury but everything works. Breakfast was ample and satisfying and when the weather is good, taken on the rear 1st floor veranda (I'm a Brit so that's 2nd floor in US speak) with a view of the Leaning Tower - magic. The real bonus at Francesco comes from the staff. to a man (and woman) happy, smiling, obliging and knowlegable couldn't do enough for us! We were shown a selection of rooms to choose from. Tip - ask for a room at the back - much quieter.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are much quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We only stayed here one night on our way to Florence and I’m glad we didn’t have to stay longer.

I’m not sure what a decent hotel costs in Pisa so it’s hard to rate this hotel for relative value. I know it was cheap at 85 Euros, but even at that price I expected more.

The rooms were quite old and the shower was awful (poor design and water pressure). It seemed to me that our room and the room next door were actually one room at some point in time because hidden by a mirror was a very thin section of wall which allowed you to hear every sound from the room next door.

I will say that the staff were friendly and the internet was quite fast (and free). The location is also very central. I just have a hard time believing this is good value but I could be wrong.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Francesco? Share your experiences!