“Saved us! Wonderful, friendly staff!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Roseto
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Pietro Mascagni, 24, 56125 Pisa, Italy   |
Ranked #58 of 81 Hotels in Pisa
Portland, Oregon
“Saved us! Wonderful, friendly staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had lost the business card for this lovely little hotel and finally found the info again to write this review but the people at this hotel saved my group and I from what could have been a very interesting night. We are all college students who had been traveling for a month around Europe and we had one flight (RyanAir, so random airports) that got us into Pisa at 12am. We were then planning to leave the next morning to Florence so figuring we could stay in the airport we didn't book any hostel or hotel for the night. We were a group of two girls and four guys, so a decent sized group so when we were told the airport was closing we were a little lost as to what to do. We then decided to walk to the train station with our big backpacking bags and try to stay the night there. When we got there, we came to encounter may very sketchy looking people and were pretty sure if we went to sleep we would get robbed. Really lost at this point we decided to lug our bags around and see if we could find a place to stay (1:30am at this point). We checked many hotels for both rooms and just places to keep our bags and not one place was willing to help us out until we got here. The staff at this hotel were BEYOND incredible!!!! Not only did they try to find a room for us even though they were fully booked but they let us store our luggage for FREE. They let us use their lobby bathroom to change and treated us like we were family in a way. Being able to drop our bags we decided why not to just stay up and explore the city. We ended up finding a 24 hour coffee shop where I guess the street kids hang out (pretty funny scene) that changes their coffee price from 2 euros to 7,50 euros between 1am and 7am but we wondered over and saw one of the most incredible things I have ever seen. We saw the Leaning Tower of Pisa at 5am with just us. It was beautiful. A tourist trap location with no one around. Without the lovely hospitality we experienced at this hotel, I would have a very different view of Pisa today. It also had a great location and yummy breakfast for I think only 8 euros without a room purchase. I don't know what the rooms are like but I do know that the staff would do ANYTHING within their power to make your stay the best it could possibly be. I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff and they will get you what you want to the best of their ability.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nts after staying at a B&B in the Tuscany hills. The cost was very reasonable; maybe, because the owners of the the B&B made my reservation. Staff at front desk was friendly, room was clean and adequate and great location. Breakfast was more than adequate; hard boiled eggs, several different breakfast breads, cheese, juice, fruit, yogurt........... The bus in front of the train station took me to the airport in less than 10 min and only 1,10 Euro. So convenient to hop the train to Lucca, Florence, etc. Yes, the stairs can be a problem; but then how many times do you actually go up and down the staircase. Good places to eat within walking distance and a computer place around the corner. Felt safe going out to dinner at night solo. Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Lovely room, plenty of drawers and hanging space, our breakfast was included, nothi flash but adequate, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We loved our room,the shower was small, so not good for larger persons!!
This hotel has no lifts, so stairs could be a problem for some. Right next to the main station, great location, we walked everywhere from here quite easily, then train to Airport
Leave lots of time to catch train, although only one stop to airport, took us nearly an hour to get the train, cancellations, change of platform two minutes before scheduled departure, then of course big delay as everyone exchanged trains!

Room Tip: If you can't do stairs well, get a room on the lower floor!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location near Pisa Central station, and so at 10 minutes from airport terminal. Or 15 minutes walk to the Arno and historical city centre. Breakfast according to Italian standards (but with awful coffee). Staff at reception desk is friendly and helpful.
But that is about the best one can say about the hotel. Some rooms are smelly (because of smoking) and otherwise dark and in need of paint and some renovation. Fridge empty. Average WiFi at a scandalous EUR 2 per hour (though I got one hour free of charge). I paid 75 EUR for a large room that turned out to be very noisy, also on the inside: the shower and toilet next door seemed to flush in directly and woke me up at 7.30 AM. Really, the only good reason to stay here is the convenient location near station and airport.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Wales, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a surprise weekend away. My husband booked this hotel as it was close to the train station and was a reasonable price. When we arrived he siad the pictures were mis-leading, and having seen photos myself now on bookings.com I would agree - our room and bathroom were alot smaller then the pictures suggest. Having said that, it was perfectly fine for the price. Very close to the station but wasn't disturbed from any outside noise at all. Most of the noise (which was minimal) came from the staff setting out breakfast in the morning. The room was basic and small, but clean, Breakfast was a bit disappointing. The first morning they had run out of bread. Tea, coffee and fruit juice are provided with a selection or strange pastries. No croissants or bread rolls with meat and cheese as you would expect on the continent. Fruit was apples and oranges - maybe we weren't at the right time of year for the lovely fresh fruit other people have mentioned!
I would recommend this for a budget traveller if you want somewhere cheap and convenient for a few nights. All the sights in Pisa are within half an hours walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucharest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I spent a night in Hotel Rosetto, October 16/17, 2012. I had room 13, a real single, very small but not suffocating. Room was acceptable and the hotel was half-way between the train and the bus station, very convenient for me since I reached Pisa in the evening by plane and then train and leaved early next morning by bus. The persons at the reception (both in the evening and in the morning were kind enough to help carrying my suitcase on the stairs (no elevator). All in all, I have no complains about the room except the fact that I thought that it was too expensive at 55 eur/night, at the end of the tourist season.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is 2 minutes from Pisa Central (out the front of station and diagonal left), in the perfect position for arriving by train and flying out.
The staff were delightful, friendly and very helpful. Rooms were large, clean and quiet. Would definitely stay there again and very happy to recommend. So perfect. Just one grumble, I would have liked a blanket in the room as an extra (I feel the cold). Thank you to the young man who made the breakfasts, we really appreciated your help in getting us on our way early.
Maureen and Richard Australia

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Roseto? Share your experiences!