“Close to train with reasonably priced transfer to airport” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Roseto
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Pietro Mascagni, 24, 56125 Pisa, Italy   |
Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Pisa
Barrington, Illinois
“Close to train with reasonably priced transfer to airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Perfectly pleasant hotel near the train station. The room was a decent size for 4 people. The area around the hotel was pretty typical for being close to the train station. We came back to our room about 10:30 and passed 2 vagrants. Across from our hotel was a liquor store where a group of young men drinking bottles of booze out of paper bags had congregated. We crossed the street to avoid any trouble.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was dissapointing. The croissants were dry and stale. The pan of scrambled eggs were burnt.

The price was on the lower end of the various hotels I looked at. Next time I might look for something with a bit more ambience in a different part of town depending upon the price.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ħal Qormi, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

we had a very nice experience in this hotel with my family. a very warm welcome buy the owners and very helpful. good breakfast for the value paid and served with hot croissants.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed here for one night before catching an early morning flight from Pisa airport. Location is very convenient to the train station, where you can catch a quick and easy train directly to the airport. Staff at the front desk wern't particularly friendly, and my room wasn't very clean (the table was sticky and obviously hadn't been wiped down). Wouldn't want to stay longer than one night - but the convenience made it passable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I never write complaints; but I felt I must in this case. I had went on line in Tuscany thru EXPEDIA.COM and tried to book a room at the Hotel Roseto in Pisa. The order wouldn't go thru ('unable to complete connection', internet connects in Italy can be transient and fleeting) and I tried several times. In the end, I booked thru BOOKINGS.com but I wasn't able to get the same set of hotels. When I returned to Canada I had found that I had been charged for a night at the HOTEL ROSETO. When I tried to contact them, they just IGNORED ALL MY COMMUNCATIONS. They refused to return my money from my VISA card.
DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS HOTEL!! THEY DO NOT DEAL WITH PROBLEMS, BUT SIMPLY IGNORE THEM!!!

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Ulyanovsk, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Really pleasant surprise. We booked it at the last moment, day before arriving to Pisa, because NH Cavalieri was fully booked. We looked for the hotel near the train station. But I worried about 2 stars hotel in such location.
But everything was great, we had a double room with bathroom, and both was of the nice quality, normal size, clean and comfortable.
Quiet in the night, in spite of the train station very close to the hotel.
Very nice staff and adequate breakfast- even a hard boiled eggs, but it’s not a buffet style, you get your breakfast when you go to the breakfast room.
Of course, it’s not a 5 stars, or even 4- but better than some 3 stars hotels I saw in Italy.
Can recommend it without hesitation.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
telford uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

In august our extended family group(11) spent one night at the hotel roseto before travelling on to barga for a villa holiday. the hotel was idealy situated close to the railway station for travel to florence, and for restuarants, etc... the staff were very friendly and helpful. we had hired cars and the hotel had off street enclosed parking for a small fee which put our minds at rest. our stay also included buffet breakfast taken in a small dining room or in a sunny courtyard (most enjoyable) We all enjoyed our stay clean airconditioned rooms and would definately stay there again when in Pisa

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Popayan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

This hotel is very well located. It was very easy for me as a touris to get arround the city thanks to the train station and the bus station.
Besides, the price was good, my room was always very neat and the staff Gimmi, Maurizio, Antonella were really nice with me. They were all the time asking me about my stay here, the were veyr attantive and respectful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Roseto? Share your experiences!