“DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS HOTEL!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Roseto
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Pietro Mascagni, 24, 56125 Pisa, Italy   |
Ranked #48 of 83 hotels in Pisa
Winnipeg, Canada
“DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS HOTEL!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I never write complaints; but I felt I must in this case. I had went on line in Tuscany thru EXPEDIA.COM and tried to book a room at the Hotel Roseto in Pisa. The order wouldn't go thru ('unable to complete connection', internet connects in Italy can be transient and fleeting) and I tried several times. In the end, I booked thru BOOKINGS.com but I wasn't able to get the same set of hotels. When I returned to Canada I had found that I had been charged for a night at the HOTEL ROSETO. When I tried to contact them, they just IGNORED ALL MY COMMUNCATIONS. They refused to return my money from my VISA card.
DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS HOTEL!! THEY DO NOT DEAL WITH PROBLEMS, BUT SIMPLY IGNORE THEM!!!

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ulyanovsk, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Really pleasant surprise. We booked it at the last moment, day before arriving to Pisa, because NH Cavalieri was fully booked. We looked for the hotel near the train station. But I worried about 2 stars hotel in such location.
But everything was great, we had a double room with bathroom, and both was of the nice quality, normal size, clean and comfortable.
Quiet in the night, in spite of the train station very close to the hotel.
Very nice staff and adequate breakfast- even a hard boiled eggs, but it’s not a buffet style, you get your breakfast when you go to the breakfast room.
Of course, it’s not a 5 stars, or even 4- but better than some 3 stars hotels I saw in Italy.
Can recommend it without hesitation.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
telford uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

In august our extended family group(11) spent one night at the hotel roseto before travelling on to barga for a villa holiday. the hotel was idealy situated close to the railway station for travel to florence, and for restuarants, etc... the staff were very friendly and helpful. we had hired cars and the hotel had off street enclosed parking for a small fee which put our minds at rest. our stay also included buffet breakfast taken in a small dining room or in a sunny courtyard (most enjoyable) We all enjoyed our stay clean airconditioned rooms and would definately stay there again when in Pisa

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Popayan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

This hotel is very well located. It was very easy for me as a touris to get arround the city thanks to the train station and the bus station.
Besides, the price was good, my room was always very neat and the staff Gimmi, Maurizio, Antonella were really nice with me. They were all the time asking me about my stay here, the were veyr attantive and respectful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

This was a five minute walk from the train station so it was very convenient for us as we were leaving the next day for Bologna. We only stayed one night but had no problems with the hotel. The front desk staff was courteous and spoke English. The room was smallish but all of the rooms that we stayed in were as well and clean. Everything functioned just fine in the room, and there was absolutely no noise from the train station. We had a small balcony and could let some air in the room, we couldn't figure out the air conditioning but it didn't matter as the night was nicely cool. All in all a very good value for the money especially if you want to be able to get to the train station quickly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

We had a double room for my parents and a single room for me. The single was a little small but perfectly cosy and just what I needed! The double was very spacious, with a balcony a nice bathroom. Showers not baths but for that time of year it wasn't a problem. Staff were very friendly though they didn't speak english. We spoke some Italian and they were very good about it. The hotel is close to the station and airport but equally not far from all the sites.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

The room - clean, massive TV, ensuite bathroom.
Location - Quite easy to access main sites, but far enough from center to be accessible by car without too much stress. Sat Nav recommended.
Best Bit - Cheap and Chearful
Not so good - coffee, breakfast.
Summary - serves it purpose. Probably wouldn't want to stay there for very long.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Roseto? Share your experiences!