I really enjoyed staying in this hotel in May 2013 with my wife and daughter. Hotel is located in a historic building, in very convenient location and for reasonable price. Unfortunately, I was not aware of consequences while using their car park.
My good memories from long weekend in Italy have been overshadowed by 125 Eur fine imposed by Municipality of Pisa for entering restricted traffic zone (my car was captured by street camera).
I drove through the restricted area solely to access the Hotel Royal Victoria car park (there is no alternative route to get there). I paid for the car park on top of the room rate (30 Eur) for peace of mind (mistakenly!) because there was no visitors car park available at the street.
Here are reasons why I blame the hotel for misleading information and lack of professionalism:
1. Hotel's staff did not inform me that traffic restrictions apply to the hotel's guests.
2. Staff member showed me a way to the car park through the restricted area without any warning.
3. Staff member ensured me that guest of the hotel are entitled to drive through like local residents.
4. Hotel's staff did not send details of my car to the local police at the time of my stay (even though there is procedure in place to avoid fines on local hotels residents).
5. Hotel's reception offered refund of the cost of the penalty under condition that sufficient prove of stay will be provided. This is despite an obligation to keep records of visitors (i.e. for reissue of the invoice).
5. The evidence was provided and reception have avoided contact since then.
6. The refund has been never actually paid.
If you consider booking your accommodation with this hotel, be careful and avoid using its car park. Otherwise, you will be charged a fine by local authorities (they have 18 months to do so) and if you will drive hired car there will be additional administration fee of 35 Eur for sending your details to the local police.
Have a nice time in Italy and avoid troubles
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Royal Victoria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Victoria Pisa
- Hotel Royal Victoria