“Beside Pisa Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #162 of 225 Pisa B&B and Inns
Pisa, Italy
“Beside Pisa Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Despite the very plain title, this hostel is quite a good choice. It is not RIGHT by the airport but 5 mins walk away (hence its pragmatic choice if you need that!) The staff are quite friendly, albeit casual... without hard/fast/clear rules -for good or bad...
The dormitory room where I stayed was very good: powerful wifi connection good access to clean bathrooms and they accommodated another guest (bringing in another bed just for one night) (the room usually fits 3, but there were 4 now)
If you don;t want to pay more than 25 euros for one night, this is a good choice to make in my opinion...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We booked a shared bathroom room so we only spent one night in Pisa. We couldn't do the check in until 3pm so the manager wasn't there. They gave us a total different room than we saw on the website with no decoration, bedding, dirty walls, curtains and plenty of mosquitos. The bathroom was shared with at least other 4 rooms and was dirty and modly. When we reclaimed they show us another room but was still very low quality. As we continue complaining the manager scowled us and she offered us to leave the room and give our money back. The manager was talking on the phone about us in front of us thinking that we couldn't understant her but we speak Spanish as well so we got the point of her conversation and wasn't very nice.

We were trying get another hotel but was impossible so was 17pm so we decided to stay there and then she show us a third room. It wasn't very good either but at least in this one you got some furniture, a mosquito net and was a bit warmer than the other two. The bed was awful and made a horrible noise everytime you moved.

We paid 43€ for a very low quality shared bathroom room with no breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid this place!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Due to the late arrival of our plane at Pisa, my wife and I stayed here for just one night before travelling on to Florence. It's located in the road opposite the airport terminal and is just a 5 minute walk away.

We were given a room in the building next to the one which housed the Reception area (though that's really too grand a title for a room with just a table and chair). Our room was adequate for a stopover but on a swelteringly hot night, the LACK OF AIR CONDITIONING was a killer.

The bedroom and bed were OK (apart from the heat). There was a shared bathroom with bath and shower which was old-fashioned but adequate. The shared toilet was separate. By the time we rose, the other rooms were vacant so we had these facilities to ourselves and managed our ablutions in private. In fairness to the lady who checked us in, she gave us free clean towels when we explained that our luggage had failed to arrive.

As a cheap stopover, this place was just about bearable but I can't say I would ever want to repeat the experience.

Room Tip: Hmmm. If there are any good rooms, we didn't find them.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here at the end of our holiday to Tuscanny as I wanted to be close to the airport for our early flight the following day. I picked this place based on location, price and reviews on booking.com (I should have read the trip advisor ones). I wasn't expecting much, as it was a shared bathroom and no breakfast but for the amount we paid I would have at least expected towels (1 Euro extra ea) and a fan especially in summer. We left the windows open but the mosquitos were terrible so resigned to closing the windows and trying to sleep in the heat. Needless to say we got none.... Bathroom had no lock given it was a shared bathroom I didn't know what to say, so opened a lovely bottle of Chianti and took it in good humor. All this for 52 Euro, just because of the location, don't stay here if you can avoid it, get somewhere in town and get a cab to the airport....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

When you arrive it isn't clear at all where to check in, there isn't a reception, so I spent a while wandering round trying to find where to check in. They didn't have any change but insisted I pay with cash. They messed up my booking so instead of staying in a female dorm like I had booked I was in a room with boys which I was not comfortable with. The room was pretty much empty apart from a couple of beds. And one of those beds was a double, it would have been easy and a lot better to put in 2 singles rather than a double as I don't think most people would be comfortable with sharing a bed with a stranger. Also with just a bit of extra cleaning and a bit of paint the room could have been a lot better. There was no internet in the room and no map available. I didn't feel safe or comfortable staying there so I ended up having to go right across to the other side of town at 1 in the morning to find an available room. I didn't have a very good experience at all with this hostel and would definitely not go again and wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Ok, so me and my partner stayed here for one night earlier this month. It was the end of our trip in Italy, spending one day/night in Pisa. The only plus this place has is that it is very conveniently located for the airport...a stones throw away. When we arrived there was no obvious reception, so we was wondering around at the back of the building and ended up knocking on a door that had nothing to do with the hotel, although it was in the same building. There is a number to ring, which we did, and I was told a girl would be with us in a moment. So along came a woman who led us to a room where we 'checked in.' It was sketchy to say the least, a random room not at all proffesional...wrote our details on random bits of paper, tried to use a card machine that I guess wasnt even connected, the wifi was for a landline/home not a hotel, and this room is also where people could sit to charge laptops etc. We were in the building next door, it had no electricity...something you expect no matter how much you are paying for a hotel in Italy in 2013. The plug sockets did not work even if there was electricity, there was no hot water, badly secured...door like a bedroom door, really run down, and dirty. The place was just horrible, it was our last night after a long trip in Italy so we just got on with it and went to bed after a day out but if this was at the start of the trip they would of had to deal with a lot more! I think this place is run by dodgy people, there was 4 different females we seen in the space of a few hours occupying recpetion later in the evening...deffo not a legit place. Feel for anyone staying alone. Be aware that it is in a great location for the airport but there are plenty of other places nearby, so book with caution...dirty, unsafe, and dodgy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

we were concerned about our midnight arrival and being able to check in but there was staff there to help us when we got there and there also seemed to be several other couples arriving around the same time so they must be quite used to very early/late arrivals. The room was spacious and the beds were adequate although squeaky. The place was very close to the airport and quite simple to find even in the dark in a city we didnt know. Great location for us not to have to take a cab and to be able to walk back to the airport in the AM for our rental car. Its a necesity stay, not a luxury stay, but it gets the job done.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Beside Pisa Airport? Share your experiences!