“£52 a night for no electricity and no hot water?” 1 of 5 stars

Beside Pisa Airport
Via dell'aereoporto, 48, 56100 Pisa, Italy   |
Ranked #159 of 224 Pisa B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“£52 a night for no electricity and no hot water?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Ok, so me and my partner stayed here for one night earlier this month. It was the end of our trip in Italy, spending one day/night in Pisa. The only plus this place has is that it is very conveniently located for the airport...a stones throw away. When we arrived there was no obvious reception, so we was wondering around at the back of the building and ended up knocking on a door that had nothing to do with the hotel, although it was in the same building. There is a number to ring, which we did, and I was told a girl would be with us in a moment. So along came a woman who led us to a room where we 'checked in.' It was sketchy to say the least, a random room not at all proffesional...wrote our details on random bits of paper, tried to use a card machine that I guess wasnt even connected, the wifi was for a landline/home not a hotel, and this room is also where people could sit to charge laptops etc. We were in the building next door, it had no electricity...something you expect no matter how much you are paying for a hotel in Italy in 2013. The plug sockets did not work even if there was electricity, there was no hot water, badly secured...door like a bedroom door, really run down, and dirty. The place was just horrible, it was our last night after a long trip in Italy so we just got on with it and went to bed after a day out but if this was at the start of the trip they would of had to deal with a lot more! I think this place is run by dodgy people, there was 4 different females we seen in the space of a few hours occupying recpetion later in the evening...deffo not a legit place. Feel for anyone staying alone. Be aware that it is in a great location for the airport but there are plenty of other places nearby, so book with caution...dirty, unsafe, and dodgy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rome
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

we were concerned about our midnight arrival and being able to check in but there was staff there to help us when we got there and there also seemed to be several other couples arriving around the same time so they must be quite used to very early/late arrivals. The room was spacious and the beds were adequate although squeaky. The place was very close to the airport and quite simple to find even in the dark in a city we didnt know. Great location for us not to have to take a cab and to be able to walk back to the airport in the AM for our rental car. Its a necesity stay, not a luxury stay, but it gets the job done.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We would have had a better stay in a cell!! Please read before booking at this horrible place. Then at least you have been warned. I am a hardened traveller and even I was appalled at this place.

I don’t even know where to start on this place. I would take a look at my pictures which will illiterate what I am telling you. We arrived at the hotel in the afternoon, it was unclear on how to get it, we knocked on the door. Nothing. I found an Intercom, someone answered and buzzed us through the front door and told me that our room was the first on the right.

We got into the room, we presumed was ours. Nobody to check us in, we didn’t know what the hell was going on. We were worried about leaving our suitcase in this place as it didn’t seem very secure, it didn’t even look or seem like a hotel.

We went out for a hour then decided to go back to the hotel to see if anyone had materialised. No one had but then someone did show up, he took me into the office / kitchen / dumping area. I mentioned to him that the toilet seat in our room was on the floor, he told me someone would come and fix it…That didn’t happen in the nights we stayed. The room was freezing, we had to find all the bedding we could to keep warm. There was no toilet paper in the room, I had to go adventuring to find it.
The guy who “checks” you in, I think he is a few crumbs short of a cookie and does not seem to care or know what is going on. On the day we had to check out and continue our holiday somewhere else in Italy, we could not find anyone to pay for our stay. We tried calling all the telephone numbers left around, we left messages, I even sent him an email asking him to call me to arrange payment. We received no calls or emails in return, instead they just decided to remove the money from my account!!!
Upstairs is a private apartment, the family are noisy and don’t care at all about the residents of the ‘hotel’. Look forward to the school run at 8am!!
In the open scruffy office / breakfast area was all the personal paperwork and details from other guests. You have been warned
People say this place is great for its location for its price, but that is nonsense . In Pisa you can walk from the airport to the town centre in 20 min. This is 5 min walk to the airport, but this is what you’re paying for:
• A disgusting room
• A Cold room
• Noone to check you in or out
• No one to contact, resulting in them taking money out of my account
• No toilet roll
• Your personal details left sat around for anyone to see
• Very noisy upstairs
• No toilet seat
• No one cares

I got 3 hours sleep in a room that was no better than a prison cell.

The only good think I will say about this place is that there is an amazing little café across the road that does amazing pizza and pasta dishes. Oh and the cat is quite friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Good location. We arrived at 1pm and knocked on every door and window to get in. The phone number wasn't working. I went across the street to ask the cafe if the place had closed but no. After half an hour, another guest pressed some buzzer but didn't want to let us in. he sent someone out to us who let us into a coffee/office room and we waited another 15 mins for a rude woman to come who seemed out out of her way by us. That room had bookings sitting out, a bottle of vodka and wine also sitting out. She put us in a room with a double and bunk beds and just said 'No English'. We only wanted to drop off our bad until later, she huffed and puffed about getting us a key and making the bed, so we just left her to it. That evening we ate across the road in a brilliant cafe, which was so cheap. We arrived back at 9.30pm and had to ask the man if he was the owner before i paid (he could've been any guest). He never greeted us with a hello/thanks/goodnight nothing. Awoken by other guests during the night and at 12.30 by the husband and wife upstairs having an argument. Its like a hostel but where the owners just want to make a quick buck and not have to see anyone or staff the hotel.

Room Tip: Let the owner know what time you are arriving and just maybe someone will be there to let you in! G...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at Beside airport bed and breakfast for one night with my boyfriend. We booked it as it is at walking distance to the airport and we had to fly at 6.30 am.
Its location is the only quality, cause the rest is far away from being a decent b&b. the room was kind of ok, but the toilet (to share) was horrible, dirty and with not even a hook to hang our towels. The door of the room didn't close properly, so lights from the reception/hall was coming in. The worst thing was that the rooms are close to the reception and the owner was playing angry birds at night, then chatting and arguing loudly on the phone with no respect for us and the other guests' sleep.
Not to mention that we didn't get a receipt for the Tourist tax even though I specifically requested it.
As said, great location for those of you who are catching early flights, but I bet you can find something better in the same area.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bath
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Walking distance to Pisa airport is its only redeeming feature. No public reception area - the building was locked with metal shutters drawn down and we waited for ages for someone to turn up - the intercom was broken and nobody answered the phone. The reception desk was in a dark narrow hallway where the staff member wrote our details (including passport info) on a scrap of torn paper underneath a list of other people - didnt feel professional or secure at all. The unfriendly staff asked us to pay in advance before seeing the room as we were checking out before 10am. Room was in an apartment block next door - mosquitos everywhere, stains on the walls from where previous guests had been getting rid of them, 'double bed' was two campbeds pushed together, one of which was broken. TV was broken and the aerial socket and power socket were hanging out of holes in the wall. Bedroom and shared bathroom doors were frosted glass - not much privacy. Very noisy room, both from the road outside and from hearing other guests. Definitely do not recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed in August, no air con, no fan, couldn't even keep the window open due to noisy airport traffic at all hours. Couldn't sleep due to the heat and noise.

Other than that it was clean, asked for a twin room but got a double, shared bathroom with 3 other rooms (so only 1 shower). Not great customer service. Quite close to city centre (walkable), VERY close to the airport. Fine if you want the cheapest hotel around, although don't stay in the hot summer months if you want a comfortable night's sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road, in the main building
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Beside Pisa Airport? Share your experiences!