“Good lunch in Pisa” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Los Angeles, California
“Good lunch in Pisa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went to the leaning tower and stopped here for lunch. We had a chianti, pizza and lasagna. It was great with good service. It was close to the tower so it was an easy and convenient place to go on our last day in Tuscany. If you sit outside, you can easily see the tower, giving it a fun atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Worst restaurant during our 3 week trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

It's a good thing that this restaurant has a perfect location a short distance from the the Piazza Del Duoma (Leaning Tower of Pisa) so that it keep in business with lots of new patrons. It would certainly not be in business if it had to depend on repeat customers.

The service was reasonable, nothing great. The real problem is that the food was a complete disappointment. Let's start with the fact that we ordered water naturalle and they brought out a decanter of water rather than bottled water. Hard to say if it was tap water or not, so we really could not drink it.

My son describe the pizza perfectly "tastes like school cafeteria pizza". They were edible, but certainly not what you would expect of pizza in Italy. The portions were good considering the 6 EUR price, but add any drinks and your meal price will go up drastically.

It had been a long day for us and we just picked this because it was convenient. What a mistake, I should have take a little extra time and picked a better restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Delray Beach, Florida
“Best pizza ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had to have a pizza in Pisa, just for laughs. The vegetarian one I had here, looking straight at the leaning tower, was intensely flavorful. Maybe it was the view, but a WOW pizza has to be reported.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“A strong feeling of being ripped off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Having just spent 10 days travelling around Italy (Naples, Rome, Florence and Pisa) and experienced great food and value for money, we were coerced into this restaurant as it is pretty much the first you see after the leaning tower. The table was dirty, there was no air conditioning as promised at the door and the Pizza's were small, burnt and the topping only covered about half of the Pizza. Its gets much worse and this is the reason why I have taken time to write this review; We ordered a large bottle of still mineral water, we received a jug of tap water and were still charged 2.50 for it! The bill arrived and we had been overcharged for two of the main courses. I pointed this out to the waiter, he agreed and hand wrote the correct prices on the bill. On attempting to pay by credit card I was informed that the bill could not be changed and I had to pay the overcharged amount! I left this restaurant with a feeling of injustice.

Visited August 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Disagree with others.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I really don't understand why so many people complained about this restaurant. My family and I felt it to be quite good and the service was great. Of course they don't speak much English but I managed to get by with some Spanish just fine. I felt food was priced well, 6 euros for a 1/2 liter of some of the best Chianti I have ever had. I'm sure it was their cheapest version, but still much better than those available in the US for a higher price. Good pasta, very good pizza and unique too. Sorry this business has to suffer such bad reviews, they are better than these negative reviews. At least that was my experience.

• Visited July 2013