“wouldn't stay here again if u paid me!” 1 of 5 stars

You added A Casa Doina Airport to your Saves list
Via San Giusto 4, p.t., int. 1, 56121 Pisa, Italy   |
Ranked #124 of 224 Pisa B&B and Inns
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“wouldn't stay here again if u paid me!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Recently returned from a lovely holiday in tuscany but had the unfortunate experience of staying at this dreadful" hotel". Travelled with my 3 sons aged 13 [twins] and 9 and had a 7.20am flight so the proximity to the airport was appealing- however no one knews where it was and what should have taken us 10 mins to walk following locals directions as none for walking on booking.com took an hour in the blazing heat . Thought the owner may have at least offered us a drink but no such luck once she had taken our money[ 135 euros so not exactly cheap] she didn't want to know. In fact I tried to buy a drink of water which she had on display for 1 euro as my son was ill and needed to take medication and she told me "it was no good and to drink out of bathroom tap" When I asked for a cup she said she didn't have one! I had just been in here garlic reeking kitchen/office so why no cup?
I had booked a room for 5 people but she said it wasn't available so gave us a 3 and a 2 which was fine however 2 of the lats broke on the bed when we sat on it and her reply was " you can share"
When the owner showed us to our room there was a puddle of water at the top of the marble stairs which she told us was from her plant not only did I consider this to be dangerous but at 5.30 am as we left it still hadn't been cleaned up.
The room was infested with mosquitoes this together with the aircraft noise, constant traffic ,loud toilet flushing and a cockerel meant we didn't sleep at all!
The shared bathroom had a half bath which meant having a shower was like standing in some ones sink. There was a notice in the bathroom but it was only written in Italian. All in all our last night in this lovely country was spoiled by this women and her dreadful house . Yes it is close to the airport but on our walk to find this hell hole we saw plenty of other accommodation.

Room Tip: If u want a good nights sleep don't stay her
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Doina was the most helpful and generous hostess. The B&B was within easy walking distance from the airport which we did with our 3 children and all our bags, with no complaints. Five of us stayed in one room which was really reasonably priced, clean and very comfortable. The air-conditioning worked and was essential as it was VERY hot. Having left a mobile phone in our hire car Doina made phone calls on our behalf that enabled us to locate it quickly. A lovely lady - I would definately return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pisa, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Having booked and cancelled through Initalia.it (do NOT trust them), according to the cancellation policy of Casa Doina (4 days prior), Casa Doina called me "No Show". I emailed Casa Doina with the explanation of having cancelled through their booking site, Initalia. I emailed Initalia to ask about my cancellation. They said it was fine and I would not be charged. Casa Doina charged my card. I emailed Initalia and Casa Doina multiple times; the first replying that I would not be charged (too late and still incorrect) and Casa Doina not responding at all. I had to take it to my credit card company for resolution. As of 3 months after the reservation date, I have been refunded with the provision that the hotel could still contest.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Pisa hotels

Been to A Casa Doina Airport? Share your experiences!