“Sufficient, nothing more” 3 of 5 stars
Review of NH Cavalieri

You added NH Cavalieri to your Saves list
NH Cavalieri
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza della Stazione, 2 | Central Station Area, 56125 Pisa, Italy   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Pisa
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Sufficient, nothing more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Let's begin with the staff. Most (almost all) of the staff at this hotel act as though they no longer want a job. They are unfriendly, have an inability to smile, and are attempting to create a corporate feel, but have sadly failed in this.

I have stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions in the same week, and found that it is definitely worth paying slightly more to lodge in a 'Superior' room. It has a more modern feel, significantly more powerful air conditioning, a better bathroom, and (as should be standard in my opinion) has a kettle. However, I must note that in both rooms the soundproofing is excellent. Additionally, the WiFi worked well in both rooms with no additional charge. Considering the impersonal and corporate feel of the hotel, it is surprising that their TV channel selection is poor, and flat screen sets are only found in Superior rooms. Disappointingly, the card keys only worked occasionally, and I had to go up and down the stairs a few times to sort this out.

Overall, the hotel is sufficient, and the location is useful, with the train station, and a shuttle bus to the airport on the doorstep. Also on the positive side, Breakfast at NH Cavalieri is reasonably good, and I particularly enjoyed their panna cotta on a few occasions! Despite this, I wouldn't stay at the hotel again if I were able to find something else for a reasonable price in the area.

Room Tip: Be sure to pay extra for the 'superior' room, it is certainly worth the difference.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way to Florence. We were very impressed by the hotel and staff. Very clean and modern room, with balcony and view. Lovely clean bathroom. We loved Pisa and hope to return to this hotel again!

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The hotel is in a great location for access to the main train station and buses. It is also only about 20 minutes of a stroll from the main sights. However, the staff were generally cold, unhelpful and sexist preferring to talk to my male partner over me even though the booking and payment were in my name. They went as far as changing the name on the booking into my partner's surname after photocopying our passports. How rude! We booked a Superior Room and we did not get a double bed. Instead we got two singles on wheels pushed together, which moved at the slightest turn. This was not conducive to a good nights sleep. The room did not have a spare blanket and was actually cold at night despite turning the air con off. We did not have bathrobes or a sofa-bed as described in room facilities description. The room was clean and presentably stylish but small. It did have a nice bathroom and bath but there was a big stain on the ceiling. The walls were thin and we could hear our neighbours television and talking during the night. There was tea making facilities but no coffee or milk provided. We did ring reception to ask for some but they couldn't help us. Overall, not a friendly or helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

massimo m, Direttore at NH Cavalieri, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Madame,
I would like to thank you for the trust you have placed in our hotel, NH Cavalieri and for taking the time to write us the problems you experienced during your stay with us.
Please accept our sincere apologies on behalf of my staff while staying at our hotel.
I would really appreciate if you could give us more information about your comments regarding the front desk staff at nhcavalieri@nh-hotels.com to ensure this experience is not repeated with future Guests of the hotel. This matter will be followed up and additional training for all concerned.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope that you give us a second chance, in order to show you our real standard of services.
Best Regards
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The staff of this hotel is beyond compare. They always go above and beyond to help their guests. I've had many great experiences here. The staff is always cordial, friendly, professional, and ready to help with whatever you need. I'd especially like to personally thank Nicola, Laura, and Graziano.
They manage to help with when they're alone at the desk, and have lots of guests waiting to check in or out. My only suggestion would be that the hotel would have more staff at the desk, instead of only one at a time. My compliments and commendation to these fantastic three staff members.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
massimo m, Direttore at NH Cavalieri, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Mrs Michelle S
First of all, thank you very much for your comment and for having found the time to send your review on Tripadvisor.
I have already shared your wonderfull words to my staff. They are the principal of our values. Comments like yours spur us to continue in our daily effort to guarantee an excellent service to our Guests and make their stay in Nh Cavalieri as an unforgettable experience.
Hoping to welcome you for your next stay with us so that I can meet you personally.
Receive my best regards,
Noida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

NH Cavalieiri situated bang opposite Pisa Centrale - the train station of the are .The Hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the Airport.

NH Cavalieiri is a compact business hotel. The lobby is small but spanking clean. The rooms too are quite small. The room i stayed in for 4 days had a king sized bed, a 21" TV, a small table which hosts the coffe maker and two chairs. There is a wardrobe and other amenities include a safe, hair dryer etc.

The best part of the hotel is the quiet efficiency of everything it it. The rooms and the hotel is always clean - yet you never hear the hustle and bustle of housekeeping. The AC's are very quiet and efficient. The equipment in the washrooms is also efficient.

Breakfast at the hotel is the standard continental fare. Eggs, Bacon, Ham, Breads, Juices etc. Not a very lavish spread but good enough.

The location of the hotel is awesome. While Leaning Tower is about 15 minutes walk away - the main street of the town is hardly 8 minutes away. All your shopping can be done in the area around the the hotel.

Overall I really liked the hotel despite its small rooms

Room Tip: Take the rooms facing Pisa Centrale. The rooms on the opposite side dont have balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is about the fourth time we have stayed at this hotel, usually at the start or end of a holiday elsewhere in Italy, because of its proximity to the Railway Station and short distance to the Airport. We have always had a good stay - this time we had an enormous room and would have been more than happy to have stayed longer. Though opposite the Station it is quiet, clean and well maintained and the air conditioning worked well. We checked in early and stayed almost until midday before heading off to the airport. They do a fantastic breakfast and the staff are always friendly and helpful - with the exception of one grumpy man on reception who is there every year! We'll definitely be back and would recommend it to anyone arriving late at station or airport or leaving early. Seeing other travellers trundling their suitcases through the streets of Pisa made me very glad of our choice.

massimo m, Direttore at NH Cavalieri, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Mrs. Ollie B,
First of all, let me show you my sincere gratitude for taking the time in sending us your review through Tripadvisor and for the trust you have placed in our hotel NH Cavalieri, choosing it for more than one time.
I really appreciate the excellent comments you did and I have already shared it with my staff.
Customer service is our first object and comments like yours will help us to improve more and more.
Receive my best regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel has a perfect location, whether spending time in Pisa, or travelling to other cities, train station is minutes away! Rooms are quiet, cool and comfy. Nicola and Giuliana at the front desk were so friendly and helped me plan my day from what to do, to where to eat! These days its rare to find hotel staff willing to take the time to assist their guests. Thanks!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to NH Cavalieri? Share your experiences!