Booked a double room with private bathroom for €69 per night through Booking.com.
- This is a very homely B&B with only a couple of rooms, but with a large lounge and balcony for use of the guests.
- Friendly, relaxed and helpful staff.
- Air conditioning, TV and wifi.
- A very short walk from Pisa Centrale station, and about 35 minutes from the airport as well.
- Big breakfast range - you definitely won’t go hungry.
- This doubles up as the owners home and the husband (?) smokes. It’s not too bad as it doesn’t come in the bedrooms, but if the smell of smoke really puts you off, don’t stay here.
- There’s no en-suite, but instead a small private shower room a short way down the corridor. It seems to be next to the owner’s bedroom, which makes you a bit self-conscious using it when they are in!
- Staying here is a bit like staying with relatives. It’s someone’s house, and you do feel a little like you are intruding. We spent our time there trying to keep as quiet as possible - not that easy when the bed and doors creak noisily!
- There’s some… shall we say… ‘niche’ artwork on the walls. For example, some children’s faces staring out at you. A little creepy, but you can just ignore it!
- Maria, the owner, doesn’t speak much English. When we arrived there was someone on hand to help, but you may need to know a few basic Italian phrases to help you get along if you stay here.