We stayed here for one night in late September, at a very good price. The hotel is well located on a main road with free parking, and close to the Leaning Tower. We checked in around 8.30pm after flying in from Paris.
The room we were allocated was on the ground floor next to the carpark. As we were only staying for one night I had no problem with the location of the room, but if you are staying for longer I would recommend asking for a room overlooking the pool. The room was spacious and comfortable, with modern fittings and a large bed. On closer inspection the bed was actually two singles pushed together- I think this might be a european thing. The balcony was huge and had a table and two chairs on it- would be a great place to have an evening drink.
At about 9.15pm we wandered out to reception to enquire about local restaurants (The restaurant at the hotel, which is a separate business, is quite pricey). There was a delivery guy delivering pizza to another room as the lady at reception talked us through local restaurants, and as he was leaving we asked her if she had his number so we could just get pizza- she chased after him and brought him in, and we ordered right there on the spot, with her translating. Twenty minutes later and we were eating the best pizza I had in Italy - I have no idea what the company was, but it was great, and very cheap! The lady at reception was very eager to help- this sort of service makes all the difference when you're exhausted from traveling.
The only negative things I have to say about our stay are that the water temperature in the shower fluctuated a bit which was frustrating, and the bottle of 'personal hygiene wash' by the bidet had already been opened and was half empty- yuck. The room needs a bit of attention to detail (peeling paint etc.) but this did not in any way detract from our stay.
All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Abitalia Tower Plaza Hotel Pisa
- Abitalia Tower Plaza Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great view over the leaning tower and close to the natural reserve of San Rossore, Abitalia Tower Plaza features an open air swimming pool, a relax room with Turkish bath, massage room and fitness corner, a fabulous restaurant "I Sovrani" and a lounge bar "La Piazzetta." 121 bright rooms among which glamorous suites like the "Honey" and "Golden-Silver". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Abitalia Tower Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.