Stayed here on the 1/02/13 -4/02/13. Nice hotel. Very nice reception staff. Helpful and informative when asked advice on how to get to places of interest.
Couple of niggles. 1) Regarding the shower. Looks fantastic. Nice big space but the water pressure is not fast and the temperature seems to change from hot to cold of its own free will sometimes. I think the water pressure needs to be looked in to as a few other people have also mentioned the showers in their rooms or the shower heads need to be changed. I didn't want to spend a long time in the shower because of this reason.
2) The gym only had 3 machines to use. 2 bikes and 1 treadmill. Luckily I was the only person using the gym whilst on this trip or else there would of been dissapointment. There should be a cross trainer machine in there at least for a 5* hotel. The smallest gym I have ever been in in regards to the lack of equipment available. Nice views overlooking The Tower of Pisa though.
3) No tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms or any room service available(apart from a continental breakfast in a morning). All 5* hotels should offer room service for snacks.
4) A very hard king size bed. Lovely size but both of us had bad backs throughout our and only 3 pillows offered.(Needs 4).
5) There was a party going on on the Sat night we stayed here and the music went on till 12.30am which was very loud through the floor. Good job it didn't go on any longer as I was quite annoyed. They have weddings there.
6) Breakfast cost 10 euros pp and there was only scrambled eggs and bacon available for a hot meal. Both of these were cold on all days we had the breakfast. Usual continental available. Quite pricey I thought though but made sure we filled up.
Last point to make was the 6 euro charge to order a taxi from the hotel to the airport. The hotel was not forthcoming in letting us know this information at the time of ordering as we would of looked elsewhere for one.
Overall though a very nice stay here. The hotel is off the beaten track but The Tower of Pisa is only a 15 minute walk away through an underground tunnel way.
Taxis cost just over 10 euros from the hotel to the airport and vice versa as long as you don't book a taxi through the hotel. The hotel is 10 mins away from the airport.
We didn't eat in the hotel on an evening. Went to, but not much selection for vegetarians and quite pricey(even for 5*). Not to worry though. If you turn left out of the hotel barrier and walk straight to the end of the road there is a little Italian cafe and a fantastic chinese down there. Very good food and prices. Also Lili's for cakes, chocolates and general yummy stuff to eat.
Quite pricey for some food places. Got totally ripped off on our last day. Went to a snack place near Grand Central Station. Had 2 smallish sandwiches, 2 drinks and 2 slices of cake. The total bill came to 28 euros. Was not happy. Don't eat here. There are no price lists available and we made the mistake of just ordering food without checking. Wasn't even very nice food.
Total rip off. I lost the receipt with the name of the cafe on it. It has a black and white sign and no price list. Avoid.Cheapish food can be bought out but do shop around and check prices first.
Tip: Take a day trip out to Florence. Much better than Pisa. Lots of shops and a much better city to look at. Wish we'd of stayed in Florence and took the train to Pisa for the day. The train station is a 45 minute walk from the hotel. Take a taxi. 15 euros pp to Florence on the train and it takes an hour. Well worth going there though.Not loads to see in Pisa. Not enough to do for the 3 days I don't think. Pisa needs a facelift. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is 20 euros and you can go inside it. A must but only on a clear, sunny day.
Overall a quite enjoyable holiday apart from the very expensive cafe we ate at. Just watch where you eat if on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great view over the leaning tower and close to the natural reserve of San Rossore, Abitalia Tower Plaza features an open air swimming pool, a relax room with Turkish bath, massage room and fitness corner, a fabulous restaurant "I Sovrani" and a lounge bar "La Piazzetta." 121 bright rooms among which glamorous suites like the "Honey" and "Golden-Silver". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Abitalia Tower Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abitalia Tower Plaza Hotel Pisa