“Great hostel minus bedbugs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pisa Tower Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pisa
Pisa Tower Hostel
Piazza Garibaldi, 9, 56126 Pisa, Italy   |
Ranked #19 of 88 Specialty lodging in Pisa
“Great hostel minus bedbugs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011 via mobile

The hostel was great. It was clean and had a large kitchen. The staff was friendly and helpful. I did get bedbug bites and actually saw a bug crawling on my sheets. They changed my room no problem. Overall great location to the train station and Internet throughout he hostel, def a perk!

• Stayed August 2011

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This a very economy stay anywhere in Europe, I paid only a fraction of what I would have to pay at the other places, specially in Bordeaux, I paid 4 times a much and the service is just not as good.
This place has no A/C, well what do you expect, the bath room is ok, actually it has more room than other hostels I stayed in Paris and Italy.
Love the courtyard with table for picnic, clotheslines for your washing, and it was a blessing for me, saved a few Euros.
For accommodations, they have large room on the 2nd floor for free internet. Have a large freezer so you can stock your drinks (beer and wine and water), great big kitchen with some stencils and pots and pans, travelers are very much young and down to earth, we had great times sitting in the courtyard sharing drinks and food. Definitely, will come back for the friendly atmosphere, the accommodations and the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

Its located in student, nightlife, and shopping center in Pisa.
The most famous gelato and bar in Pisa are downstairs, and near the best piadineria in town :).
Around 5 minutes walk to the leaning tower and 10 minutes walk to the train station.

It is very clean, not so many room and bathroom.
Tough breakfast excluded, I like its 24 hours free internet.
Check in time based on appointment, got 6 keys for front door, lobby, kitchen, bedroom area, bedroom, and locker. Yes a lot!
I guess that's the way to keep the hostel safe because no receptionist standby.

Bring earplugs if you want to rest since its in nightlife center, so loud!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay just in the MIDDLE og Pisa with lots of life outside the hostel. Furthermore the helpful staff advised us go to Hostel Pisa (near the railway station) where we rented nice bicycles, which took us to all sorts of places :-)
Will repeat it all next time we go to Pisa!

• Stayed April 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Great location, close to all attractions and the train station. Short, easy walk to everything. Their website failed to mention that there was a bar that shares walls with the hostel and that the noise is unbearable. Our room was clean but the place has no character at all- very sparse and hospital/institutional like with huge glaring light. Reception is handled off location, so there is never anyone around to answer questions- there wasn't even a tourist map or a brochure in site!! There is no real common area to hang out- small table with 4 chairs only in the kitchen and hardly any dishes to use!! And the duvets have not been washed in ages- but the sheets were clean. Wi-Fi working splendidly during our visit.

Room Tip: room away from the bar
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend had a great stay we even watched the fireworks from our bedroom window. If you are looking for a very central and budget accommodation I believe this is the best that you can find in Pisa
But to enjoy this you have to be ready for partying. They also offer a free walking tour but because we were too tired we missed .

• Stayed March 2011
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Upon entering Pisa we were greeted with one of the owners picking us up from the airport to the hostel which was greatly appreciated and at no extra cost. We arrived to find that the hostel was situated in a very busy square in Pisa. I'll admit, it was a little loud with the hustle and bustle but, personally, I did not find this an issue with my stay. The owners were very nice people and really easy to talk to. They allowed my boyfriend and I to use the computers and printers to make future travel arrangements which was a huge help. The location is amazing with a gelato place just under the hostel and a short walk from the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Our room had a balcony that overlooked the square and was meant for 3 people, but we had it all to ourselves. The washroom was clean and shared by others on the floor. Overall I had an amazing experience and I would go back to this hostel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Pisa Tower Hostel? Share your experiences!