“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 224 Pisa B&B and Inns
Mosta, Malta
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I have a few words to describe Airport Pisa Rooms and that is as follows: Clean with a capital C, Convenient Location for getting to and from Pisa Airport (you save on your taxi fare since you only walk over within 2 minutes) close to the airport but really quiet, the rooms are spacious, well decorated, there are light snacks and tea and coffee facilities, free wi fi, within a couple of blocks away from a very nice cafe where one can have a coffee and cake, friendly service, and most of all good value for money. Keep up the great work Francesco.

Stayed June 2011

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Berlin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My short stay at this location was nothing more then ok. It is not a bed and breakfast as there was no real breakfast or possibility to cook your own food.
I arrived late at night and the next day we found another b&b with better facilities (kitchen/bike/...) at a lower price (inside city center).

It is great to stay there if you need to catch the morning flight or arrive late at night (it is literally 2min from the airport). To stay there for more than 1 night would not be the best choice.
The Via dell'Aeroporto has a lot of B&B's and many of then offer better facilities at a lower price.
The main city center is at a good walking distance (approx 40min from leaning tower). There is a supermarket nearby however as there is no kitchen there is not a lot premade meals you can buy. Luckily Italian restaurants have great food for reasonable prices.
The bathroom is ok with a basic shower and the room had just a simple bed (mattress with springs) with a closet and a ridiculously small tv. I visited with my girlfriend so I dont know anything about larger rooms.
At the airport you can rent a Fiat Panda for approx 25eur/day which is a great deal.

We really enjoyed staying at the city. Firenze was just a 50min drive. However we were happy to find a better b&b in city center for the remainder of our stay.
Overall it is just a good place to sleep. Nothing more.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
airportpisarooms, Proprietario at Airport Pisa Rooms, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Sir,
I'm Francesco the owner of the accommodation.

I would like to analyze your feedback by taking the most important parts:

- You wrote: "It is not a bed and breakfast as there was no real breakfast or possibility to cook your own food" as the name clearly says Airport Pisa ROOMS so it means what we rent ROOMS and not a traditional b&b with breakfast served in a breakfast room.
Why this? Our accommodation was studied and created to host travellers needing spent a night waiting for an early flight or arriving very late at night.
The most part of our clients leaves at 4:00-4:30 to be able to take one of the first flights at 6:00AM.
OF COURSE they are not interested in wasting time drinking a cappuccino and putting butter on a slice of bread... they literarly RUN to the airport to take an early flight !!
Anyway on each desk of each room I leave a COMPLIMENTARY (it means: free of charge !!) instant coffee, a tea and a croissant and even if it's free of charge people prefer running to the airport !! This is the reason why I decided NOT to provide for a "real" breakfast but a complimentary (free of charge !!) coffee / tea / croissant !!
We also don't provide to offer kitchen use.. why?? Just because of security reasons. Don't forget that in every kitchen there are very dangerous things like gas and fire.

- You wrote about a "a basic shower", then "just a simple bed (mattress with springs)" then "a closet and a ridiculously small tv"... so I ask you... what are you expecting for EUR 20,00 per night ?? Probably a jacuzzi, a rotating bed and a 42 inches screen tv??

Please try to make a little effort and remember what I REALLY offered: your room was WARM, there was a FREE WI-FI connection, wou had a shoer with HOT WATER and you used a shared fridge in the main corridor, so it means that in the veeeery competitive price you paid I offered all these services.
We also can't forget that our accommodation is just 30 meters / 2 minutes walk.. from an International Airport and the check in is 24h (on request).

Once again: you paid EUR 20,00 ... are you asking for more in front of an international Airport ??

My kindest regards and don't forget to sign your feedback the next time because I don't know who you are.

AIRPORT PISA ROOMS
Francesco
Genoa, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

La mia famiglia ha soggiornato per una notte presso Airport Pisa Rooms e mi hanno confermato ciò che avevo già letto tra le varie recensioni: ottimo servizio, piena disponibilità del gentilissimo Francesco e ottima location per chi deve prendere l'aereo in orari impossibili. La camera era pulitissima, così come il bagno interno e le aree comuni e l'ambiente era molto accogliente.

My family stayed one night at Airport Pisa Rooms and they confirmed to me what i read among all reviews: very good service, very helpful staff (thank you Francesco) and best location for who needs to take fights early in the morning or at whatever time. The room was really clean, as the inroom bathroom and common areas. The atmosphere was really cosy and homely.

Laura Albanese and family

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Jyvaskyla, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed with my wife in Airport Pisa rooms in early July for one night. Our flight was very late so it was super easy just walk two-three minutes to Pisa rooms. So the location for us was excellent. Also there is only 10-minute walk to the center of the pisa and 20 minute to the leaning tower.
The staff was very friendly and the manager, Francesco, funny and humorous guy. ;) The room and other facilities we got, were clean and pleasant. Not luxury, as you can expect from a hostel, but clean and pleasant. Sleeping was actually easy - it was quiet and no distraction what so ever. Room was very cheap, so it was good value for money.
It's always good to come to a place where staff is friendly and welcoming. This was our first stop in our Toscana-holiday and it started great!

Ilkka, Finland

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I must give high praise to Franco, the friendly concierge, who went out of his way to accommodate our large family party, including my elderly father who wasn't feeling very well. The rooms were spotless and colourfully painted and furnished, and the beds comfortable. The bathrooms were also very clean, all the showers worked well and there was plenty of hot water. We were at the back of the building, so despite being right by the airport and on a main road, we weren't bothered by noise. There was a large communal fridge, and you could have air-conditioning in the room for a 6 euro fee. A small wrapped croissant or cake and some instant coffee and milk was provided for everyone, and a hot water urn was delivered in the morning. Franco kindly allowed my father to stay in his room while the rest of us toured PIsa until it was time to leave for the afternoon flight, without charging us any extra. There is parking on the street for about 3 euros overnight, and the bus into Pisa and right to the Tower area stops outside. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back for more peace and quiet
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

My husband, 10 month old, and I all stayed one night here before catching a flight. The location can't be beat. We walked to the airport with all our luggage, a stroller, travel cot, and car seat. It only took 5 minutes. The price was incredible, and the bed was one of the most comfortable we've stayed in. There was a new television with loads of channels, and the room was very spacious. We shared a bathroom so it seemed more like a hostel but it was super clean and definitely well-maintained. I wish all low cost accommodations were up to this standard. I'd definitely recommend it if you're flying into Pisa and need a place to stay close to the airport. We also took the bus into town to see the Tower and it was very easy and only took about 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Take the bus into town from the airport
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Saint Paul
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

Let me say that I will criticize this guy (Francesco's) operation here in a review rather than lambasting him on the forums, although I'd have perfect cause to do so on the Pisa and Florence forums.

We pretty much had booking problems from day one. I had booked two rooms with ensuite facilities in May 2010 after looking at the airportpisarooms website. I then booked the rooms through hostel bookers. Turns out he really doesn't have two ensuite rooms available, and has listed his rooms incorrectly on hostel bookers. Ultimately we were given the switch to another property, (an apartment,) with two bedrooms and a shared bath.

This facility is near the Cisanello hospital in Pisa, and transportation connections are not the best. There is a bus stop a few blocks away, but if you need to get to the airport, it means taking the bus downtown, then transferring to another bus.

As we had 5 people in our party, it meant two trips from the hostel to the apartment, which Francesco offered. We were given basic instructions to leave the keys inside the apartment, and as we had an early flight the next morning, he would make the first run to the airport (with 3 of us) at 4:50 am, then return for the other two in our group.

Guess what: by 5:30 am, there was no Francesco, and the keys were locked in the apartment as requested, no telephone anywhere, and , a torrential downpour as well.

I walked to the hospital and half communicated with a security guard as to our need for a phone call to the taxi company. Evidently the taxi company doesn't answer phones that early in the morning, but the guard kept trying, and we were eventually able to secure two cabs to move us to the airport for our flights.

The apartment itself was nothing to write home about, and one or more bathroom fixtures need repairs as there was water all over the floor before any of us used it.

The lighting in this place gives new meaning to the word dreary. The beds were passable.

Lessons learned: be very wary when dealing with this guy (Francesco) and airport pisa rooms. If you get stuck way out in the boonies as we did, I'd suggest ordering up cabs the night before you leave, whether they be for an airport run, or a train station run. Do not leave a set of keys in the apartment until after your transport arrives.

To say we were on pins and needles would be an understatement. I would never book again with this guy and his operation in a million years.

Also, no restaurants open on a Sunday night anywhere near this place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
airportpisarooms, Proprietario at Airport Pisa Rooms, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Sear Sir,
everything is correct.. except one detail.
You told me to get at 5:40 not at 4:50 that's why Francesco was not there...

I also waited for 45 munutes and you were not at our meeting point.
It's just a misunderstood, hopefully it will happen anymore !!

AIRPORT PISA ROOMS
Francesco

Been to Airport Pisa Rooms? Share your experiences!