“it was okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 76 Hotels in Pisa
Torino
“it was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

No air conditioning, old furniture and common toilet. The hotel room was on a noisy street and because of the heat and the lack of air con, it was hard to sleep in the morning. On the plus side though, the people were really nice, and the hotel was clean. I found it expensive but I guess it is okay for such a touristic city like Pisa. I spent there 5 nights, I guess that if it is for one or two nights the hotel is great. Good location, 200m from the train station and 50m from the bus station and from the info center.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Greater Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay due to an early flight from Pisa. This was my last night in Italy after holidaying in Santa Margherita Ligure.

On arrival at Pisa, I was surprised at just how close this hotel is to the central station. I crossed the road from the station and walked to the end of the block opposite. I stood on the corner and suddenly spotted the sign 'La Torre' approximately 50 metres to my left, on the left hand side of the road. Despite being only 12.30 pm, I was informed my room was ready.

Although a solo traveller, due to limited availability, I had booked a first floor, double room, which was somewhat limited in space albeit adequate. The bathroom on the other hand was large with a wet room at one end, plus another shower attached to the wall at the side of the toilet. Everywhere was clean and nicely furnished with a safety deposit box in the wardrobe. To obtain the key I had to leave a £10 deposit on reception which was refunded on departure. The air conditioning was good, of which I was grateful due to the hot weather. I later spent a lovely day around Pisa, a city I have visited in the past and which I find extremely useful due to its close proximity with the airport.

Overall I would recommend this hotel which I found quirky in many respects. Space has been used well throughout and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was adequate, nicely presented and I would certainly recommend this hotel for a short stay in Pisa. There are also plenty of eateries nearby and the entrance to the shops in the 'centro storico' is just around the corner. Piazza Garibaldi and the tower are a straight walk through the centre and over the River Arno Bridge. Well recommended.

Room Tip: Unable to comment as room was adequate for overnight stay only.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Den Haag
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Good location is near the railwaystation. and 20 minutes walking from the centre.
Our room had no shower and toilet. The were outside in the hall.
Simple hotel with value for money for a short stay in pisa

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Galashiels, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Missed train to Lucca (where we had booked) so found ourselves stuck at 10 at night in Pisa. 2 minute walk and we found La Torre. Night Porter incredibly helpful and friendly and kept the bar open for us until really late! Room was pretty basic with no ensuite but was clean, fresh and quiet and the shared facilities were directly opposite the room, so no complaints here. Plenty of pretty little sitting spaces dotted around and a lot of effort has gone into updating the public spaces. Breakfast wasn't bad by Italian standards (continental but more than enough choice) and the waitress and chap at reception were bright, breezy and pleasant. Great basic hotel if you just want to get your head down or be close to things (train and bus stations only 2 mins walk). Will be great when they get round to modernising the rooms. Thoroughly satisfied with this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hessle, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and myself stayed at the La Torre last year and stayed in a room with no en suite
facilities (shared bathroom) and found the room very pleasant, basic but clean with a lovely
balcony. This year we stayed in an en suite room but it did not have a little balcony.
The en suite rooms do not have a balcony. The location is ideal for train travel with the
station just being round the corner. There are lots of bars and places to eat nearby and
we would stay again if in Pisa. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a clean value for money hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night on our way to Florence so the location just next to the train station was ideal. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. We were given a map and shown where to go for something to eat, the leaning tower etc. The walk to the leaning tower is about 15 mins from the hotel and it's very picturesque. Across the river and through some lovely, very Italian, streets. It's a great base to explore the city and get away from the crowds at the tower. The room was very clean with its own bathroom with shower. We had a smoking room (we don't smoke), it was ok for one night. We could have changed if we wanted. I would suggest asking for a non smoking room if you don't smoke. Other than that the hotel was great, breakfast is included which is a nice addition. Overall it's a good value for money and the staff are so friendly.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Hotel La Torre? Share your experiences!