“very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 233 Pisa B&B and Inns
Devon
“very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here in the well room. Good price, nice breakfast, Simona is helpful and the house is lovely - situated in a great area of Pisa. You can walk to all the sites in PIsa from the house. Recommend highly

Room Tip: Well Room was very quiet - could not hear any noise from the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed two nights in the Relais Sassetti and overall felt underwhelmed. Our room was off a scruffy courtyard that was in dire need of grooming. The room was clean and adequate (no English speaking chanels on TV) but a lovely modern bathroom - overhead shower but no shower caps (a nightmare for women not needing to wash their hair). Simona was pleasant but had rather limited English so found it difficult to recommend places to visit or eat. Breakfast was disappointing and mainly consisted of some fresh bread, 2 sweet pastries and a basket of prepacked toast and croissants and yoghurts - the next day the same bread was presented which was rock solid, even though there was a bakers shop right across the street. We had to go in search for the coffee - there were 2 sachets in our room, but they were not replaced the second night, and no milk - although there was milk the second night, but no coffee). At breakfast we were only offered one small cup of coffee which was delivered to our saucers!
With attention this could be a lovely stay, we just felt that the bare minimum was met to extract our money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Simo4, Proprietario at Relais Sassetti Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guests,

First and foremost I would like to apologise for my delay in replying to you, as I was very surprised by your review.

I have always asked my guests clearly if all is well and if they need anything, but during your visit I never heard anything from you while you were staying with us.

With regards the shower cap, I apologise I obviously had forgotten to replace them in the room, all you had to do was ask for them.

As for breakfast, I have never given stale bread or bread from the day before to my guests, I serve fresh and toasted bread every day and as far as coffee is concerned, coffee is always available until 10:30 and one can have as many coffees as they wish. As for the pricing, the prices are shown clearly on my website, and I did not charge any extra for your child.

With regards the garden, the leaves fall in October and we clear them frequently but nature takes its course and it is not always possible to clear them all the time.

I had already apologised soon as you arrived about the scaffolding on other side from your room, but unfortunately maintenance on buildings must be done from time to time and no time is a good for a bed and breakfast that is open all year.

As for my English, I'm sorry if you feel that it is not good enough, but at certain times of the day is not easy to switch from Italian to English to French continuously. I have my limitations.

But what I regret most is that you did not say anything when you were with us so that I could have made your stay with us more pleasant.

Yours sincerely Simona
falkirk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

this was a great find. it is in the centre of pisa within walking distance of everything you want to see in pisa. We were in the well room a small but comfortable room with on suite, fridge, kettle and a fan. You look on to a small court yard where you can eat breakfast or relax and have a drink.
Simona who runs the B'B was great nothing was too much trouble she would always go that extra mile to make sure you were happy.
It was my birthday when i was there and i was given a bottle of champayne unbelievable. would recommend to all.
The area had wi-fi which gave a good reception. You had your own keys to come and go as you wish. good for couples or a family. Would not think you could get a better place to stay in Pisa.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ulverston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in September in the Well Room. Simona made us very welcome on arrival, and showed us all of the facilities. We had the use of the Well Room itself which is large, clean, and comfortable, with a good sized bathroom. In addition we also used the adjacent sitting room, and had the use of the garden. Given that we had the keys to enter and leave the property, this made the accomodation effectively like our own small house in Pisa, which was ideal for our use. We could come and go as we pleased, and it was very pleasant to sit out in the garden when we wanted. As the rooms are situated on the ground floor around the garden in the inner courtayrd it was very quiet.
The bed was comfortable and the room did not get too warm, so we slept well. Breakfast was served in the sitting room, and was very good, with juice/tea/coffee, and a range of items including fresh bread and pastries (bought by Simona each morning).
The B&B is very central to Pisa, with all of the facilities within walking distance.
Simona was very helpful and enjoyed talking with us which helped make the stay more enjoyable.
We would certainly stay again when we are next in Pisa.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Simo4, Proprietario at Relais Sassetti Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Friends,
Thanks for your review, I'm very happy you stayed well in my house, and I'm happy to have konwn you, you are so kind.
Thanks again
Simona
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My family and I stayed here for two weeks over the summer and we loved every moment. Simona, who runs the B&B, made us feel very comfortable and went out of her way to be helpful.

The apartment itself is lovely, located in the center of Pisa and adjacent to an inner-court and a nice yard. We stayed there with our 2 year old -- definetly a family-friendly enviornment that also provided privacy.

I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Relais Sassetti is everything you could want from an Italian B&B: a true Bed and Breakfast in the original sense, where you stay with a family. This one just happens to live in an historic palace in the heart of Pisa that has been in the family for centuries. They live in one wing, and the B&B is next door. Simona, the owner, is friendly, helpful, available but discreet. There is no better location in Pisa, situated as it is between the Arno river and the Tower of Pisa, in the oldest and quaintest part of the city. Theater, restaurants, museum, are all walking distance. Lovely rooms, cool and quiet in the summer, that open on a courtyard garden (with a well and box turtles) that you are free to use. Great breakfast served when you are ready. We have been there repeatedly, and would always go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We rented both the Well room (for my 80 year old parents) and the apartment for us and our 9 year old for 6 nights. Simone was extremely helpful as soon as we arrived. We loved that her mother and daughter both greeted us and that we had use of the garden. Renting both spaces made it really feel like it was our home away from home and we made meals and ate in the garden twice. It was a perfect refuge during the afternoon siesta when the shops and restaurants are closed. The location was great - easy to get to all the major sights. We did day trips to Florence (very easy 1 hour train ride), Lucca and to Cinqueterre (we drove there but would not recommend driving due to lack of parking). Oh, as others have mentioned, beware the mosquitos (the down side of getting some green space in a city). Slather yourself in a repellent and you should be fine. Really a gem of a place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Relais Sassetti Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!