“Excellent food and will definitely re-visit if I return to Pisa again in the future!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostaria Le Repubbliche Marinare

Hostaria Le Repubbliche Marinare
Vicolo Ricciardi 8, 56125 Pisa, Italy
+39 05020506
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 721 restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Set tasting menu is must! Everything that we ordered were VERY fresh and really good! Seafood (Fish/Prawn/Squid) were really sweet and superb! This was the best so far since we arrived italy 3 days ago. The squid was the best that I've ever had in my life. You should not miss this restaurant if you are in Florence!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
East Yorks, England
“Lucky Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were about to book an alternative restaurant but were advised by our hotel (the excellent Hotel Bologna) that it was closed but the Hostatria would be a good alternative. Good was an understatement and although a bit lacking in ambience this was more than compensated by the excellent food and service. The cooking was imaginitive and original I enjoyed the excellent black spaghetti (made with squid ink) and could not resist the wild boar stew. I was also impressed by Beppers whisky collection and will definitely be calling here again next time we are in Pisa. We were very lucky to get in without booking so would advise this. Overall it was unpretentious genuine Italin cooking at a pretty reasonable price

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wife’s 40th birthday surprise trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Lovely restaurant with friendly staff. Couldn’t go the first night as it was packed with a party so booked for the next night. Small and intimate, just perfect. Duck fois grois ravioli for starters for me and tuscan bean soup for my wife to start which was fantastic. For mains we had the wild boar with polenta and the salt cod and chick peas which were very nice again. The wine list was huge with something for everyone and every budget. We plumped for the house red which was very drinkable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great flavour, not so great execution”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with my husband. Both our starters were fantastic. My husband took tortelli with fish and aubergine and I took ravioli with foie gras. The only bad thing about them was that they finished. For main we both took wild boar on polenta. Once more the taste was great, and my meat was so tender, I did not touch my knife. On the contrary my husband's meat was tough. It could have done with another hour of braising. For dessert, my husband ordered a chocolate fondant, which although tasted great, needed some more time in the oven. It was more of a hot chocolate with a crust, that a fondant. My tiramisu tasted great, but I would have preferred some more savoiardi to give it a better consistency.
Would we return? For those starters definitely!

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent seafood and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was there for a late lunch before catching the flight out of Italy and wanted something very Tuscan, very fresh and very good: Beppe and his colleagues did not fail to impress.

A friend and I decided to try exclusively Tuscan seafood, with good steamed mussels and amazing drunk octopi for starter! My primo of zucchini cigar-ravioli with shrimp pieces was a delight--smooth, lightly flavourful and paired well with the Lunae Vermentino recommended by Beppe. The secondo of mixed crustaceans was a light and well-made dish too, especially the succulent flat-lobster and smoky-flavoured scampi. We filled up without feeling eating at all! We didn't have time for dessert (almost missed the flight) but the digestivo of home-made arancello offered by Beppe whilst we're waiting for the taxi was nice finishing touch to the meal.

Overall, high-quality food offered at top-notch hospitality.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere