“only if you're desperate” 2 of 5 stars

You added Central Station Guest-House to your Saves list
Via Gramsci, 19, 56125 Pisa, Italy   |
Ranked #163 of 225 Pisa B&B and Inns
Wroclaw
“only if you're desperate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

I booked a 6-person room in this hostel only for one night because we dropped by to Pisa only to see the Tower (nothing else there to be seen) and we were all a bit disappointed with the quality of the hostel and the service. To start with, when booking the room I marked that I wanted to check in at 9 pm and when we found the hostel (it's 2 min walk from the station) we found out that the owner had to drive from her own place somewhere else to complete the formalities. When I called her, she asked if I could wait until "after dinner" which finally meant another hour. Considering we had only one night in Pisa, this was nothing else than a theft of time. When the owner finally arrived, she showed me my 6-prs room.. In fact there were only four beds and one small pulled out of a wardrobe but it was rather for a child than for an adult. The lady told me that the double bed was for 3 persons (for God's sake, who sleeps with 3 people in one bed?!) so I'd rather say there were 4.5 beds. The bathrooms were dirty so I wouldn't encourage anyone to take a shower there. Luckily it was only one night and what we cared about was the location.. But I can't recommend this hostel to anyone. My tip: if you decide for it anyway, mark that you want to arrive two hours earlier than you intend to, maybe then you won't loose time for the check-in.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

I spent two nights here last year whilst travelling Europe with my partner. We were looking for a place within close enough distance to the Cinque Terre, but near an airport, so we chose Pisa. We were simply looking for a bed to sleep in. I organised all of our accommodation over two and a half months and so looked at many, many reviews of places, so that I wouldn't end up with anywhere too bad to stay. I had only heard good things about this place. This is why I am writing this review.
The first thing bad about this place started before we even got in the door. We'd just arrived n a flight/train and were exhausted. It was very difficult to find this place, which was in a very scary, dirty part of the neighborhood.We eventually found the block and unit and buzzed; the lady who answered had no idea who were were and spoke broken English. Luckily I'd noted down the phone number and called it..the owner had to drive from her place to let us in. At no point we were told that we would have to do this. It was in a block of flats shared by locals and the whole place smelt of garbage. This place was riddled with bed bugs!! It wasn't until one night when my partner was asleep and I was up reading with the bed side light on that I noticed. As soon as you see one, you find them everywhere!! They were on the walls behind the bed, in the bed, and even in the beds in the room that were not in use. They were also on the floor. They were so bad that we forced ourselves to stay awake until the first train to Rome came in the early hours of the morning.
Considering the price and the hell we went through for the rest of the trip (making sure bed bugs weren't through everything and being completely paranoid at every place thereafter) this place was most certainly not worth it.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Central Station Guest-House? Share your experiences!