“Bed Bugs!!! Please do not stay here!!” 1 of 5 stars

Central Station Guest-House
Via Gramsci, 19, 56125 Pisa, Italy   |
Ranked #167 of 233 Pisa B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Bed Bugs!!! Please do not stay here!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

I spent two nights here last year whilst travelling Europe with my partner. We were looking for a place within close enough distance to the Cinque Terre, but near an airport, so we chose Pisa. We were simply looking for a bed to sleep in. I organised all of our accommodation over two and a half months and so looked at many, many reviews of places, so that I wouldn't end up with anywhere too bad to stay. I had only heard good things about this place. This is why I am writing this review.
The first thing bad about this place started before we even got in the door. We'd just arrived n a flight/train and were exhausted. It was very difficult to find this place, which was in a very scary, dirty part of the neighborhood.We eventually found the block and unit and buzzed; the lady who answered had no idea who were were and spoke broken English. Luckily I'd noted down the phone number and called it..the owner had to drive from her place to let us in. At no point we were told that we would have to do this. It was in a block of flats shared by locals and the whole place smelt of garbage. This place was riddled with bed bugs!! It wasn't until one night when my partner was asleep and I was up reading with the bed side light on that I noticed. As soon as you see one, you find them everywhere!! They were on the walls behind the bed, in the bed, and even in the beds in the room that were not in use. They were also on the floor. They were so bad that we forced ourselves to stay awake until the first train to Rome came in the early hours of the morning.
Considering the price and the hell we went through for the rest of the trip (making sure bed bugs weren't through everything and being completely paranoid at every place thereafter) this place was most certainly not worth it.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Central Station Guest-House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Central Station Guest-House

Address: Via Gramsci, 19, 56125 Pisa, Italy
Location: Italy > Tuscany > Province of Pisa > Pisa
Ranked #167 of 233 B&Bs / Inns in Pisa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Central Station Guest-House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Central Station Guest-House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.