“Exceptionnally delicious food in such a tourist place.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #444 of 741 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Exceptionnally delicious food in such a tourist place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011 via mobile

Being 3 tourists in such a restaurant so close to the tower I expected the worse. Instead we were treated with great courtesy. But what really made this meal memorable wad the quality of the food. The caprese was very tasty and fresh and the linguini with lobster and the spaghetti vongole were simply the best we've ever eaten. Also the 3 euro 25 cl of vino rosso della casa was very ok.
What a pleasant surprise.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Looking for a quick bite to eat? You could do worse.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

We were looking for a reasonably priced place to have a quick lunchtime bite to eat during late October. Our food was reasonable and priced accordingly. The service wasn't the quickest, but it was incredibly busy. I wouldn't recommend this place for a special treat but if you are looking for somewhere to have some sustenance whilst sightseeing, you could do worse.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Disastereous selection”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

We picked this place as it was in a shaded area and we were hot with walking.
We were shown to a table by a waiter who then after leaving menus did not come back to take drink orders or assist even though we constantly tried to gain his attention.
The food was poor quality and my seafood pasta just had shells with no fish and a terrible sauce. i have eaten in a lot of tuscanny restaurants and this undoubtably the worst. very disapointed. they had the cheek to add a compulsory service charge.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London
“5 star rudeness”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

This is the only restaurant I have ever walked out of in my whole life.

I was shown to a table against a wall, and when I asked if I could sit by the window at a vacant table, which was not reserved, the waitress gave a huge sigh, roughly grabbed the knives and forks and slammed them down at the table I had requested. I then waited 15 minutes before she returned and took the order with an attitude of utter disdain and impatience. I changed my mind half way through the order and requested a starter/entree at which point she went beserk telling me I should have ordered it first and now she would have to change it all and making it crystal clear what a pain I was.

The restaurant was not full, the people who were there were clearly tourists. I was travelling on my own, I am not italian and look it, and up until that point the language used was english. She obviously felt I was just another dumb tourist who didn't know how to order and was wasting her time and because I was a woman on her own she could get away with behaving as she liked. So when I told her exactly how rude she was in italian she suddenly went quiet and took the order. No apology at all.

At this point I decided it was a waste of my time and money to spend it at a place which treated its customers like dirt, so I got up and walked out. I can't review the food because I didn't eat it.

She had obviously got away with being rude to other tourists before who did not have enough italian to answer her back and the management haven't done anything about her so they can't care much about their customers either. Pisa was full that night as it was a public holiday, all the hotels were fully booked and the other restaurants were buzzing. yet this restaurant , only 300m from the Tower, was 3/4 empty. Now I know why.

So if you want an argument with your meal, this is the place to get it.