“Very convinient place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Il Giramondo Bed and Breakfast
Via Lavagna, 22, 56126 Pisa, Italy   |
Ranked #77 of 220 Pisa B&B and Inns
Rhodes, Greece
“Very convinient place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have been staying in Giramondo last year during our trip to Italy. Everything was organized perfectly, even the manager was in holiday. We found the house very easy and very close with train station, just 5 min walk. The center was also very close. The house was very clean. I liked the room everything organized well and in it's place. The kitchen was warm. I liked very much the caffe smelled the house very nice... the fridge was full with food :-). We met a singer group in the kitchen and that was a nice surprise in the morning. I would suggest this place for everybody.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My cousin and I were the only customers the night we stayed there. We were escorted to another property of the house owner which was two blocks away and even prettier with the same price. The decoration of the room and the whole house is very very artistic and the living room is huge! The lovely host - sweet Italian grandma speaking a little English with strong accent:) actually knocked on our door to ask us to stay and play in the living room as she saw us staying in our little room for like an hour. We had to leave early like 7:00 am to catch our flight the next morning. As we knew the breakfast is only provided from 8:00 to 10:00, we asked her not to get early and prepare the breakfast for us. But she got up!!! And the breakfast was grand!!! I mean, it's only two of us, but we have to take 4 pictures to include everything was provided! I would strongly recommend this hostel for everyone.

Room Tip: I read the reviews about this B&B before and saw complains about the communication. But I think...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012 via mobile

Excellent location, hospitality, free wifi and cleaness. The right place where to stay for business reasons or tourism.

• Stayed March 2012
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed at this B&B for 2 weeks in a bedroom with private bathroom. The owners welcomed me personally upon arrival, they were extremely helpful, friendly and generous, trying to communicate as best as we could providing that I don't speak italian.
The B&B is spotless. The bathroom was small but with all the comfort and very well kept. Breakfast in the morning was tasty and with a good variety (toast, cheese, ham, sweet cakes, coffee, juice, etc), served in the kitchen in a very familiar environment.
While it's true that this B&B is not in the city centre, it's only a 15 minutes walk to the leaning tower of Pisa. The train station is nearby but the area in itself is not a dodgy one at all. I came back to the B&B every night pass midnight and never had a problem or felt unsafe.
Another good point to note is that it provides a good Wi-Fi connection, free of charge.
I highly recommend this B&B if you are going to Pisa and wish to experience the italian culture and hospitality at its best.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Manchester, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed here for a night this month. Was surprised to receive an e-mail a few days beforehand telling me to ring the hotel half an hour before my arrival time, since it wasn't routinely staffed, but dropped them an email with the appropriate time anyway. Nobody present on arrival, so I called the number provided only to receive a Spanish voicemail message. Fortunately, the Tourist Information Centre in Pisa were able to help - I can't thank them enough for their assistance - and made contact with the management.

The lady who welcomed me was warm and friendly, but I was most struck by the two signs on arrival - one asking guests to pay immediately on arrival, and another asking for positive reviews on TripAdvisor! The first led me to wonder what sort of guests the hotel was expecting, especially as they had already taken card details at the time of reservation. The room itself was incredibly dated, and the 'private external' bathroom situated at the other side of the B&B entirely. You had to walk through the shower to reach the toilet, a novel arrangement to say the least. There was a strong smell of disinfectant; I wasn't sure whether to be concerned or relieved.

On my return to the hotel after an evening in Pisa, I was surprised to meet a couple in the same situation as I had been previously - they had to ask at a restaurant to make contact with the B&B's management. Apparently guests arriving late had been known to ring random properties in the building at midnight in an attempt to gain access to the rooms they had reserved.

This hotel could be great - it's well situated in the centre of Pisa and structurally sound. But as it is, I can't honestly give it more than one star - had I been 45 minutes later in Pisa, by which time the Tourist Information Centre would have closed, I would not have been able to check in. But based on the quality of the hotel, perhaps that would have been an advantage.

Room Tip: Avoid the 'private external' bathroom
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

The main reason I stayed here was because they seemed the most amenable to late check-ins (replied to emails very quickly). In additional the location was close to both the train station and tourist areas and the price was great (40euro per night). I paid the extra 10euro to have someone pick me from the airport as I was a female traveling alone late at night. This went very smoothly despite the fact that I speak no Italian and he spoke no English! He was very friendly and pointed out the train station on the way, 'explained' about the keys, rooms, breakfast etc and gave me a bottle of water for my room.

I stayed in the Paris room, which I thought was quite big and and a huge bed all to myself! There's no phone, but I was happy to have free wifi. TV and AC was good too. There's only the one table in the breakfast room, so be prepared to interact with other guests! This was actually quite nice though as I was on my own. The food itself was fine... nothing too extravagant but lots of choice of breads, cakes, yogurts etc.

The only downside was having a shared bathroom, but I was well aware of this when I booked and thought it was a good trade-off for the piece of mind that I'd be able to get checked-in smoothly late at night. I just made sure to get up early to avoid anyone else. I think there is only hot shower in the mornings though, there wasn't any when I checked-in. Also I didn't realize that they don't have a card machine so had to pay by cash.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

The Cairo room was amazing. Emy made our stay most enjoyable using good english. Close to railway station (300m) and 15 minute walk to leaning tower. Recommend to anybody. 60 - 65 euro per night for a couple is great value. Shower was great, good stream and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was plentiful including toast, a first for us in Italy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Il Giramondo Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!