“Great for late arrival” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 224 Pisa B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Great for late arrival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

The main reason I stayed here was because they seemed the most amenable to late check-ins (replied to emails very quickly). In additional the location was close to both the train station and tourist areas and the price was great (40euro per night). I paid the extra 10euro to have someone pick me from the airport as I was a female traveling alone late at night. This went very smoothly despite the fact that I speak no Italian and he spoke no English! He was very friendly and pointed out the train station on the way, 'explained' about the keys, rooms, breakfast etc and gave me a bottle of water for my room.

I stayed in the Paris room, which I thought was quite big and and a huge bed all to myself! There's no phone, but I was happy to have free wifi. TV and AC was good too. There's only the one table in the breakfast room, so be prepared to interact with other guests! This was actually quite nice though as I was on my own. The food itself was fine... nothing too extravagant but lots of choice of breads, cakes, yogurts etc.

The only downside was having a shared bathroom, but I was well aware of this when I booked and thought it was a good trade-off for the piece of mind that I'd be able to get checked-in smoothly late at night. I just made sure to get up early to avoid anyone else. I think there is only hot shower in the mornings though, there wasn't any when I checked-in. Also I didn't realize that they don't have a card machine so had to pay by cash.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

The Cairo room was amazing. Emy made our stay most enjoyable using good english. Close to railway station (300m) and 15 minute walk to leaning tower. Recommend to anybody. 60 - 65 euro per night for a couple is great value. Shower was great, good stream and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was plentiful including toast, a first for us in Italy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I normally do not write reviews, but for this I have to because I think it is overrated.

Pros:
1. close to the train station (5 mins walking); conveniently connected to the airport by a local bus (the stop is near the hotel)
2. the room is clean. cleaned every day.
3. free wifi internet very fast
4. the innkeeper speaks English.
5. AC in the room works well.
6. In a residential area, far from touristy place

cons
1. if you are not good at finding, this place is hard to find because there is no sign outside the building except street address.
2. if you donot call upon your arrival in Pisa, nobody is waiting for you in the site. My US cellphone does not work in europe, I had to find a pay-phone. There is no phone in the airport, and all the phones on the street requires prepaid phone card. BIG TROUBLE! I had to borrow a cell phone from a stranger on the street and call the innkeeper to come and open the door for me.
3. The inn-keeper is not present all the time. Do not expect any help. I donn't feel he is as friendly as other reviewers commented. He was either neutral or rude.
4. Towel smelled bad from beginning. No towel exchange during my stay!
5. The bathroom was >10 steps away from the room. Very inconvenient.
6. Bathroom smells of mold.
7. Breakfast... sigh.. at least, I expected coffee in Italy tasts better than maxwell instant coffee!
8. Depending on the room, it suffers from street noise at night/early morning..

Overall, if all you expect is a clean room with a private toilet, this place is for you. If you ask for a bit of more amenities and convenience, look for some other hotels..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Northallerton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

We stayed in June 2010, three adults in a triple room (Silvigie) with ensuite on ground floor of traditional Italian apartment block. Arrived from airport by bus (1 Euro, six stops) and short walk down street opposite bus stop. B&B is unattended so you need to phone prior to arrival. Met by Chris the owners assistant who was very helpful. Room with one double and one single bed was clean, air conditioned with comfortable beds and clean ensuite (although the shower hanger was broken which made showering difficult). Other negative was noise from the street which the room fronted on to. Certainly adequate for a two night stay and reasonably located a 5 - 10 minute walk from the station and Corso Italia, the main shopping street. Due to early departure we arranged for the owner to provide a ride to the airport which costs 10 Euros.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

we were traveling with a young baby ( 8 months ) and found il giramondo very suited to our needs. It is located in a quiet area 5 minutes walk away pedestrian zone and the central station. It is very easily reached from the airport. It has a nice big balcony.
Nice with free 6-10 mbit wireless internet.

The Staff ( Chris) was very friendly and forthcomming and did everything to make our stay a pleasant one.
We therefore do not hessitate to reccomend this location to other travelers

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Elche, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

The Island Vulcan caused problems for our trip back home, but this BB made our stay in Pisa very pleasant. Its close to the citycenter, its clean, have a good service and its great value for the money.

We will for sure stay there again next time we pass Pisa.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Hamburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

I stayed in the Bed and Breakfast Il Giramondo for two weeks. So they gave me a SPECIAL PRICE: 30 euro per night for a single room (which was in fact a room with two beds, so it was large for me) with bathroom (which was indeed not in my room, but exclusively for me) and breakfast. It was the best price I was offered in Pisa.
The quality of the breakfast depends on the number of guests: If there are many guests the breakfast is very rich, otherwise it is ok.
At the beginning of my stay I got a key for the hostel. This was very good and helpful.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
alearco, Proprietario at Il Giramondo Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 26, 2010
Thank you so much for your review. We hope to have you as our costomer again when you'llm get back in Pisa.

Alearco Bettarini

Been to Il Giramondo Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!