“Very good” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 133 Lucca B&B and Inns
malta
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were 2 adults and 2 teenagers, i found the hotel very comfortable and very warm at night, we were close enough to lucca centre ( do not be afraid to try the back streets) breakfast was very substantial and the owners very friendly and helpful, i would definately visit again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived later than expected thanks to a baggage go slow at the airport only to find the door locked at 9pm. After much banging found a little bell and a young foreign worker with little or no Italian who came to let me in. I asked for a map but she did not understand but she understood a wifi request tand gave me a key. The room smelt and was cold, however I hoped the heating might come on, so I went to find some supper as I had not eaten properly all day. On returning there I could not find anyone to ask about the heating, so I went to bed cold. There was only one blanket on the bed and there was no sign of any spare blanket in the cupboard as one normally expects. The bed was a metal frame and very basic and the mattress thin with 2 rubbery type pillows. Not comfortable at all, and as there was no fixed head boards the pillows kept falling down the back of the bed. At 1am I went to see if there was anyone about regarding the heating, but I could find no one about and there is no room telephone. At this time of year one synthetic blanket is not enough so I put on a jumper and my coat, got into bed and eventually got some sleep. I got up just after 6am and ran a bath. Hot water thankfully, but no shampoo and thin old towels. I decided I would check out and notified Booking.com and arranged through them to stay in another hotel nearby. At 7pm the heating started to come on. The owner told me on checking out that the rooms were kept at 22degrees but this was not true in my case. I have to say breakfast was nicely presented with a good selection of fruit, meat and cakes, and the water for my bath was hot, but I did not want to stay a second or third night in such a cold room on such an uncomfortable bed as I am a pensioner. There was ample storage in the room but the furnishings were pretty basic with no proper curtains etc., The bathroom was satisfactory. One has to remember that this is only a B and B but I would emphasise that the price is not much less than some 3 and 4 star hotels.
As a very frequent traveller I am amazed that so many people were happy to sleep in a cold room with only one thin blanket. ' Ninewest ' was right to check out right away. I now hope to get some sort of refund as I was made to pay for three nights although I only stayed for on night and had cancelled the remaining two nights with Booking.com. I would point out that I live in a period house myself on the North East coast of Scotland and I am used to houses which are not over heated, but I do not expect to have to stay in a room having to wear my coat on in bed. I also think that the owner needs a course in customer relations.

Room Tip: Do not accept a cold room and avoid room 5. There needs to be someone available in an emergency. W...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Relais Inn for a week and can highly recommend this family run hotel.
The rooms are every bit as nice, and as clean as the website photographs show. Our room was in very good order with a fantastic shower and enough cupboard space for a weeks supply of clothes and holiday gear.
From the moment we arrived Marco and Simone made us feel very welcome, with help on where to find places around the area. The hotel is situated inside the old walls, very close to all the beautiful sights, plus a short walk to either the train station just outside the walls or the bus terminus inside the walls. This was perfect for our journeys by public transport to Pisa, Viareggio and Florence which are all nearby. The place that you stay on your holidays makes a huge contribution to how much you enjoy it. My wife and i thoroughly recommend this hotel and would definitely recommend this to our friends and would definitely have no hesitation in staying here again in the future

Room Tip: Rooms on the first two floors are served by a lift. Rooms facing the street subject to street noise...
Lund, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

Modern clean interior to a hotel in this historic town. Within the walls of the old city public parking is available close to the hotel but importantly outside the ZTL zone. Very friendly people running the hotel. Good beds, excellent bathroom with good shower. Good breakfast and value for money.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014

Booked a double room, arrived and were taken to our room on the very top floor. Room had sloping ceilings covered in polystyrene tiles, decor was clean but very cheap, we felt the photos made it look much more salubrious than in reality. I sat on our double bed to find it was 2 metal framed singles pushed together, they slid apart on the bare floor far to easily. I spoke to the lovely girl at reception who explained they had no double beds in the hotel and this system was for all booked as doubles. Not acceptable! I felt the room was very overpriced not to mention the view across a derilict building, yuck! It is right on the very edge of town. We checked out and found somewhere in town much better for the same price. I was unsurprised to find my booking was reported as a 'no show' to the booking website, to try to avoid a poor online review. We did show, it was bad, we left.

• Stayed September 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014 via mobile

Clean and cosy bed and breakfast with extremely high hospitality standards! Incredible helpfull and friendly owners! City center around the corner. Easy parking (payed by hour) even free parking within 500m walk. Visiting Lucca? Stay at Relais Inn!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I think one of the reason we are so in love with Lucca is this hotel. The hotel has this trendy and chic interior decor that just amaze us. The breakfast was more than anything we had in italy, and the owners are just as pleasant as the place. Definitely a place we'll be returning someday.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Relais Inn Lucca? Share your experiences!