“Beautiful Casale Sodini” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casale Sodini

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lucca
Casale Sodini
Save Saved
You added Casale Sodini to your Saves list
via di Vorno, 65 | Capannori, 55060 Lucca, Italy   |
Ranked #33 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Lucca
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful Casale Sodini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

My family and I visited and stayed at Casale Sodini the past week. It was just so beautiful! The weather was perfect and the scenery was relaxing and pretty. It was a great stay. We really enjoyed ourselves. The staff were curious, attentive and friendly. We felt paradise and the warmth while staying there. It is the perfect little vacation right in Tuscany and is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Make sure you make reservations in advance ... It is well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I can honestly say I did not want to leave! The staff went above and beyond to make us beyond more than comfortable. They treated us like family. The villa is absolutely breathtaking, it's like taking a trip to paradise. It is so wonderful, when you enter the grounds, it's like walking into a whole other world. I would never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011 via mobile

As soon as you walk into Casale Sodini you know it is one of a kind. Besides bathing in beauty and splendor, this house is special. You can feel the owners attention to detail when restoring this old Casale. Everything from the floors, to the walls, to the magnificent bedrooms and kitchen, gives off a feeling of elegance and at the same time makes you feel welcome. The grounds are equally as breathtaking: beautiful gardens and a gorgeous pool that just begs to be lounged around. On top of all this, the location is perfect. Casale Sodini is in the quaint village of Vorno that offers the ultimate privacy one wants with a villa, but is less than ten minutes from the amazing walled city of Lucca. Truly the best of both worlds. AND on top of all this, the owner is amazing and really adds to the full experience of staying at this marvelous villa. If only I could live here!! Planning my next trip already!

• Stayed October 2011
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My family stayed at the Casale in July for a family vacation. It is a quite remote setting and not terribly easy to find -- you definitely either need a local familiar with the area or good GPS. Google maps, for example, will not get you there!

The Casale itself is beautifully restored are the kitchen is amply stocked with all the pots and pans you might need for a large crowd, including a charcoal grill outside next to the outdoor eating area. But, the inside is not what I'd call a comfortable house -- the main seating area in the living room is small and has no view. The dining room is kind of gloomy. Definitely, the outdoor space is the draw.

Do ask for the book on the property that has phone numbers for different restaurants, etc. It was not evident and only came out about halfway through our stay.

Breakfasts were included in our stay and they were unvaried if copious -- fruit, cereal, yogurt, juice, and rewarmed frozen rolls. The latter in particular got old quite quickly and had us all longing for the beautiful breads we'd had in previous rentals in France. We had the cook prepare one dinner and the quality was uneven and the evening quite expensive -- 150 euro plus the cost of the food. Make sure you specify that you are to keep the food as they took most of the very nice appetizers leftover home with them.

Giulia who put out the breakfast and took care of the place is a delight, with excellent English.

Warning -- the Casale is NOT handicap or elderly friendly. Everything is stone and there are multiple staircases without railings. Multiple small step ups, too. And the bathtubs do not have grips. Our bathroom had beautiful, blue wall tile on the floor that had no absorbent properties and hence got *very* slick.

The best part -- the pool! Gorgeous, with wonderful views. I will remember for a long time dozing in the shade of the lemon tree next to this beautiful pool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
samcatlu, Proprietario at Casale Sodini, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
I' m really so sorry to understand that your staying here at Casale
Sodini was just comfortable, because I want more than a comfortable
staying for my guests, I always pretend an unforgettable holiday!

So, discussing about it with our staff, I figured out that part of your
family couldn' t enjoy with you the beautiful holiday you arranged for
all them; a little bit sad since the beginning and for sure this point
influenced your mood during all your staying.

Ok, my English is not so good like my Italian, but I' ll try to give you more
information about my Villa replying to your consideration, point by point.

Casale Sodini is located in the exclusive countryside of Lucca, in the
beautiful village of Vorno and the street you have to drive on to arrive
to the Villa is a typical Tuscan street crossing the countryside around
Lucca; just 5 minutes far from the highway. On Google Map you have just
to digit Casale Sodini, Vorno, Lucca and you will get it.

Yes, I agree with you that all the ground floor has not the best view,
(like mostly of typical Tuscan Villas or Farm House don' t have ), but Thanks God going
up to the first floor or outside in the garden or at the pool area we can really enjoy a wonderful view of the
Valley of Vorno and of all the surrounding country. Casale Sodini is the
very typical Tuscan Farm House built around 1800 and when I decided to
restore the Villa, I did my best to conserve the charm and the feeling
of the past without destroy the architectural of the build, including best facilities a demanding customer needs.

Regarding the Italian bread Mrs. Julia ( the housekeeper ) offered you
for breakfast I can just say that we will try to get a better quality;
we could do this immediately, during your staying and may be we also
could find the French bread you like so much. It wasn' t a big trouble!!

What I usually recommend to my Guests ( mostly of them coming back here
at Casale Sodini year by year ) is to communicate to Mrs. Julia what is
appreciated and what isn' t. Because is just giving you the possibility
to feel like at home that I can let you spend an wonderful staying.

Thank you again for your kind review: it will for sure help me to
improve my resort and to offer better service to all guests enjoying my
Casale Sodini.

Best Regards,

Casale Sodini
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

Casale Sodini was what dreams are made of in Tuscany. The owner Samuele has done wonders with this villa. All rooms have bath on suite and A/C. The decor is typical of the area and well the garden and pool area
are simply magnificent. It can accomadate up to 13 people. We had 8 adults and 5 children and we got to spend a incredible week here at the end of June 2005. Tuscany and more particulary Lucca was everything we hoped for and more!

Been to Casale Sodini? Share your experiences!