We were happy with our selection of Lucca as a base for day trips around Tuscany and up to Cinque Terre. The owner/manager and staff at the Albergo Villa Marta were helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was perfect. The restaurant and bar were convenient. The grounds and scenery were beautiful. The price was great.
A few other notes on our stay:
- You will need a car. The hotel is a little outside of Lucca. No need to worry. Driving is fairly easy in Tuscany if you have a good GPS and you can manage to be an "offensive" driver. No need to be meek in Italy.
- We were there for about a week beginning in the middle of October. The weather and countryside was very similar to Northern California. Not too cold, Not too hot.
- Plan your day trips in advance. Many places have restricted hours on Sundays and Mondays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A former hunting lodge, transformed into a fine and elegant 4-star country resort, deep in the Luccan countryside in the heart of Tuscany, a place where you can enjoy total peace and relaxation, due in no small part to the welcoming and attentive hospitality with which Andrew and Alessia care for their guests. They and their staff will welcome you in person, attending to all your needs with friendly efficiency, contributing to the feeling that you are staying in a country house rather than a hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Albergo Villa Marta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Villa Marta Hotel Lucca
- Albergo Hotel Marta
- Albergo Hotel Lucca