“Great boutique hotel, in prime location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 58 hotels in Lucca
Italy
“Great boutique hotel, in prime location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel was great. Andrea and Marta could not have been more welcoming, but not in an over the top way! Our room (number 4) was clean and modern on 2 levels with a big jacuzzi bath. The hotel is ideally located just round the corner from the amphitheatre hiddden away in a courtyard. Breakfast was very nice served by Marta and on Sunday you can have breakfast up to 11 o'clock! We would definately go back.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi baths are great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

A great find. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is spotless and the bed were very comfortable. Breakfast was basic but delicious, specially those surprise crepes and freshly squeeze orange juice! The location is excellent. Will definitely be back and recommend it. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013
Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Ideally situated in the heart of Lucca, this hotel offers simplicity, cleanliness, and a friendly staff always ready to help. I would go back there without hesitation. The rooms are pleasant and the breakfast room well set up. There is even a parking arrangement for 15 euros.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is amazing. The service was exceptional as was the attention to detail in all areas. The rooms are beautiful - clean and modern but with traditional features such as antique furniture. Marta and her team could not have been more helpful, friendly and keen to ensure everything was perfect. Breakfast was delicious with superb pancakes and handmade pastries. We will return as soon as we can.

Room Tip: The larger rooms can be split into triples.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Belle Mead, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here back in October of 2011 for 1 night after finding it on Trip Advisor, Everything was wonderful with this affordable little boutique hotel right in the middle of town. Staff was very friendly, room was nice an clean and breakfast was great. The location is truly the most fantastic thing close to everything in the center of Lucca. I am sure I wrote something shortly after my trip almost 1.5 years ago so why do I write again at this time. The reason is last year (2012) at the end of October I recieved in the mail, 2 tickets from the town of Lucca for driving in non-permited zone. These were both of the day we arrived at the hotel. It was probably when I was pulling up to the hotel and unloading our luggage and then after I checked in driving to the designated parking area. I know there are cameras everywhere and signs too but quite frankly they are very confusing and I didn't know that we were doing anything wrong. like so many people who have experienced while traveling in Europe. the tickets came in my mail to USA a year later each both totaling over $300 US. Of course I was not happy about thiis. I didn't know what to do, I began researching this on the internet. The instructions on the ticket to protest seemed difficult which is on purpose I am sure. I had the idea to call the hotel since I read about this possibility. A whole year later made me doubtful that I would get any help from the hotel but I was very wrong. I emailed them and to my surprise they were totally helpful and very sorry to hear of my trouble. They were extremely willing to help and asked me for all the info related info to the tickets and said they would take care of this. I was so relieved. In about 45 days just as they had said, I got another email telling me the tickets were waived and not to worry. If I was there in Italy, I would be giving Victoria a big hug for her help. Needless to say, if I am ever back in Lucca, I would be cerainly staying here again. Not only was the service great when I was there a year and half ago, Its like the gift that just keeps giving. Bravo to Hotel Busdraghi!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the main street will be more quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
apalazzobusdraghi, Responsabile reception at Hotel A Palazzo Busdraghi, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear fespo7888!

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and glad to hear that your experiences with all the other services provided at the hotel, were excellent too. But we apologize again about the tickets you received. That’s right that our residence is situated in an exclusive place in the historical center of Lucca , inside the Restricted Traffic Zone (ZTL). But all our guests are allowed to drive in this area for loading and unloading operations. It’s enough to ask about special authorization at the reception upon check in. Anyway, as you could see, we are always available to help even if something goes wrong.
Thank you again for your lovely review and we are very excited to see you next time your travels bring you to the area.
Hayward, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Near the end of via Fillumga in a treasure of an old building is thr Palazzo Busdraghi. Only 7 rooms, but quite nice. The rooms are quiet and nicely furnished. Breakfast is plentiful with fresh squeezes oj. My room has a jacuzzi tub. Walk out of the hotel into a sweet courtyard and out on to Via Fillunga, the main shopping street. I urge everyone to stay in Lucca and not just visit as a day trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We returned to Lucca and once again chose to stay at the Hotel Busdraghi. As our first trip the service was professional and friendly. We asked for the same room and got it. Impeccably cleaned every day and as charming and elegant as our first stay in 2011. This is our official headquarters from now on as we travel to Lucca every year. We always had breakfast in the small yet cozy breakfast room and found the same assorment of quality breakfast treats such as cornetti, cakes, Italian bread, eggs and of course the espresse and cappucino all expertly made. My compliments to the staff and the hotel management. This hotel, on Via Filalungo is right at the heart of stores, great restaurants and of course the Luccese architecture. If I were a rich Lucca Signore or count this is what my palazzo would look like!

Room Tip: Sorry, accidently clicked on pool. No pool in this hotel. I did not know how to erase the seeting.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel A Palazzo Busdraghi? Share your experiences!