“Fantastic hidden Lucca secret” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 57 hotels in Lucca
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hidden Lucca secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is amazing. The service was exceptional as was the attention to detail in all areas. The rooms are beautiful - clean and modern but with traditional features such as antique furniture. Marta and her team could not have been more helpful, friendly and keen to ensure everything was perfect. Breakfast was delicious with superb pancakes and handmade pastries. We will return as soon as we can.

Room Tip: The larger rooms can be split into triples.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Belle Mead, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here back in October of 2011 for 1 night after finding it on Trip Advisor, Everything was wonderful with this affordable little boutique hotel right in the middle of town. Staff was very friendly, room was nice an clean and breakfast was great. The location is truly the most fantastic thing close to everything in the center of Lucca. I am sure I wrote something shortly after my trip almost 1.5 years ago so why do I write again at this time. The reason is last year (2012) at the end of October I recieved in the mail, 2 tickets from the town of Lucca for driving in non-permited zone. These were both of the day we arrived at the hotel. It was probably when I was pulling up to the hotel and unloading our luggage and then after I checked in driving to the designated parking area. I know there are cameras everywhere and signs too but quite frankly they are very confusing and I didn't know that we were doing anything wrong. like so many people who have experienced while traveling in Europe. the tickets came in my mail to USA a year later each both totaling over $300 US. Of course I was not happy about thiis. I didn't know what to do, I began researching this on the internet. The instructions on the ticket to protest seemed difficult which is on purpose I am sure. I had the idea to call the hotel since I read about this possibility. A whole year later made me doubtful that I would get any help from the hotel but I was very wrong. I emailed them and to my surprise they were totally helpful and very sorry to hear of my trouble. They were extremely willing to help and asked me for all the info related info to the tickets and said they would take care of this. I was so relieved. In about 45 days just as they had said, I got another email telling me the tickets were waived and not to worry. If I was there in Italy, I would be giving Victoria a big hug for her help. Needless to say, if I am ever back in Lucca, I would be cerainly staying here again. Not only was the service great when I was there a year and half ago, Its like the gift that just keeps giving. Bravo to Hotel Busdraghi!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the main street will be more quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
apalazzobusdraghi, Responsabile reception at Hotel A Palazzo Busdraghi, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear fespo7888!

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and glad to hear that your experiences with all the other services provided at the hotel, were excellent too. But we apologize again about the tickets you received. That’s right that our residence is situated in an exclusive place in the historical center of Lucca , inside the Restricted Traffic Zone (ZTL). But all our guests are allowed to drive in this area for loading and unloading operations. It’s enough to ask about special authorization at the reception upon check in. Anyway, as you could see, we are always available to help even if something goes wrong.
Thank you again for your lovely review and we are very excited to see you next time your travels bring you to the area.
Hayward, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Near the end of via Fillumga in a treasure of an old building is thr Palazzo Busdraghi. Only 7 rooms, but quite nice. The rooms are quiet and nicely furnished. Breakfast is plentiful with fresh squeezes oj. My room has a jacuzzi tub. Walk out of the hotel into a sweet courtyard and out on to Via Fillunga, the main shopping street. I urge everyone to stay in Lucca and not just visit as a day trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We returned to Lucca and once again chose to stay at the Hotel Busdraghi. As our first trip the service was professional and friendly. We asked for the same room and got it. Impeccably cleaned every day and as charming and elegant as our first stay in 2011. This is our official headquarters from now on as we travel to Lucca every year. We always had breakfast in the small yet cozy breakfast room and found the same assorment of quality breakfast treats such as cornetti, cakes, Italian bread, eggs and of course the espresse and cappucino all expertly made. My compliments to the staff and the hotel management. This hotel, on Via Filalungo is right at the heart of stores, great restaurants and of course the Luccese architecture. If I were a rich Lucca Signore or count this is what my palazzo would look like!

Room Tip: Sorry, accidently clicked on pool. No pool in this hotel. I did not know how to erase the seeting.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went to Lucca for a 3 day break with 2 friends. We were delighted with this hotel. It is ideally situated, within the walled town, for exploring and shopping. The staff could not have been more welcoming or helpful. It is a charming, small hotel , well maintained and spotlessly clean. We had requested a room with 3 single beds. Whilst one of the beds was a sofa that had been converted it was still comfortable and the room met with our requirements. If we are lucky enough to return to Lucca we would not hesitate to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had stayed 4 nights at Palazzo Busdraghi, inside the city walls, and it was beautiful. We had a baby in a stroller with a luggage bag, and the first view of the long flight of stairs up to the hotel was daunting, but the duty manager that night ran down and help us with the bags and stroller up the stairs. Though later in the stay we've noticed that not all duty managers do this. The first impression of the hotel was impressive with the nice wall decoration painting. The room is adequate with a comfortable bed. It is on the main street but our baby was not affected by the occasional noise outside on the streets. We had a jacuzzi in our bathroom, which took a bit of fiddling before it works, but very nice. It has a free wifi but signal is weak at one end of the room.
The staffs were extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, especially since our kid was sick on the first night. Breakfast includes the standard cereal, various pastry, boiled egg, yogurt, etc. Step out of the hotel and you're in the city, on the main shopping road. No hotel restaurant but that's not a problem as there are plenty of choices of restaurants a stone throw away from the hotel.

We flew into Pisa airport and took the bus coach to the Lucca city within the walls. Only $6 Euro for two adults (infants are free). Very convenient. Once we've reached to the Lucca city we took a taxi to the hotel as we weren't exactly sure of the direction of the hotel then. But on return we walked to the Lucca bus station, which took about 15mins, probably faster if you're not pulling a luggage and a stroller together.

Only downside for us is that the room doesn't have an electric jug, where making baby milk at night we require hot water. Fortunately we knew about this beforehand and brought a thermal flask along and got them to fill it with hot water at night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had two beautiful nights at Palazzo Busdraghi and thoroughly enjoyed the beautifully decorated and comfortable accommodations. We are from the historic city of Charleston, S.C., so we loved staying within the wall and having to walk or bike everywhere You can unload your luggage at the hotel and then move your car to their private lot which is close to the hotel, for the duration of the stay. The staff speaks good English and prepare a great Italian style breakfast!
Pack light, there are no elevators in this beautifully restored, ancient building. The hotel staff made great restaurant recommendations. One night we got lost and missed dinner! Came back to the hotel and they fixed us a cheese & fruit plate and we enjoyed another bottle of wine and rested our tired tootsies!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel A Palazzo Busdraghi? Share your experiences!