“Good hotel great location” 4 of 5 stars

Albergo Celide
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Giusti, 25, 55100 Lucca, Italy   |
Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Lucca
York, United Kingdom
“Good hotel great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Welcoming staff, great location and free bike hire all excellent.
Our room was a small double and it was very small but comfortable.
Breakfast was good everything we'll stocked. Very close to the walls and easy access to the airport and in particular the station ( just five minutes walk) from which you can visit all of the region easily.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelCelide, Manager at Albergo Celide, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here for two nights and had a great time. The bed was the most comfortable we had during a four week trip through Italy. The free bikes were a great way to explore Lucca, allowing us to ride along the city walls and through the city to explore. Breakfast was great and the service was fantastic. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed for one night on way back up from Florence to Chiavari. Staff brilliant, spa wonderful, room perfect, restaurant amazing, breakfast lovely, and free bike loan fantastic. Would very highly recommend this hotel to anyone who values exceptional service and high quality accomodation. Nothing else to add - 10/10 !!!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you very very much for your review.

We really hope to welcoming you again!

Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

One of the best things about this hotel was how friendly and helpful each member of the staff was. They gave great recommendations for local attractions and were always welcoming. The hotel itself is close to everything. The train station was a 4 block walk from the hotel. The walled city was just 5 minutes away. The hotel offers bikes at no additional charge to explore the city. The hotel room was pristinely clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom shower was a little small but it didn't bother me. Breakfast was a basic continental style. The price of the hotel was very reasonable. I would stay here again.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel and the staff - particular the manager, Luca - are magnificent. I can't say enough for how kind and compassionate the manager and the staff were - we are so grateful to them.
My mother and I stayed here for 3 days and, really, it wasn't long enough - we should have booked 5 days.
The hotel is a 5 minute (flat-level) stroll to the walled city which, as small as it is, has much to offer. I was happy it was so close as we saw a review of Puccini each night and were out quite late. Absolutely do not miss the Puccini reviews (performances) at St. Giovanni and the Guingi tower.
The hotel offers comfy beds, fabulous breakfast (meats, cheeses, hardboiled eggs, pastries, cereals...) and a convenient location (with an elevator). I really liked the bed-linens they were quite luxurious.
There are bikes to borrow (quite a few actually) and it's nice to ride around, although for the most part we just walked and browsed the city.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mary,

I thank you!!!
I am trying to find the right words to thank you, but I am at a loss...

Thank you very much for your words and, please, send my greetings to your mother!!
We hope to welcome you again!!

With my warmest regards

Tetbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great location just across from the main gates of Lucca. Hotel parking at no additional cost was a bonus. Small rooms but well appointed. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Very nice breakfast spread. Would definitely stay here again while in Lucca.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed here for ten days. The location is great and I think that's why they stay busy. You're a short walk from the train station as well as two entrances into the wall. We met the manager and he was very friendly and at the end of our stay he gave us his card with his email so we could contact him to book again. Very friendly guy. Spoke both English and Italian. The most frustrating things for me was the AC and the shower. They turn your AC off when you gone and you have to call down to have it turned back on. We have stayed in Europe before and have heard of this, however when you request it stay in generally they leave it alone and this hotel doesn't. So after I was biking every day and walking everywhere I went I was ready to come in to a cool room, not a hot muggy room. The shower was so small I put my hands on my head to wash my hair and my elbows hit both sides. I am 5'0" I do not have long arms. My husband joked if he dropped something he had to turn the shower off and open the door to bend over.

The breakfast was cereal, fruit and meat slices. Not what you would expect from a 4 star restaurant.

The rooms are entirely way too small. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear guest,
I apologize but I onestly do not understand why you didn't inform us about your disappointments.
You have shared 10 days with us and we would have been happy to offer you a room change.
As you know we have different room type but as you know the small double is smaller then the other.
Concerning the breakfast,you know that on our buffet there are:
different bread and cereals, different fresh fruits, cakes, pastries, boiled eggs, ham, cheese, biscuits, yogurt, milk, 3 different fruit juices, gluten free products etc etc. We are always open in trying to satisfy our guests request! Sometimes it is easier to ask!
About the AC, we usually turn it off when the housekeepers are in the room for cleaning it!. This is in order to protect them from any deseases and to save energy too! Why the AC should be on when the windows are open?
For me it is not a big deal to welcome a disappointed guest but t is a problem to know now about your troubles because it is too late to find out o solution.!
My frustration is to know about my clients disappointments when they have left the hotel!

Who help this? I think no one!

I send you all my best

Hotel Manager

Been to Albergo Celide? Share your experiences!