Exploring the city of Lucca Italy was fun, especially walking the cities well-preserved wall and ramparts. My husband and I stayed in a recommended B&B, La Romea. Here is my quick list of likes and possible areas for improvement . . .
B&B was centrally located within the wall.
Giulio and his wife were friendly and helpful, and spoke English well.
Our bedroom and bathroom were on the large side from most rooms we've stayed in throughout Europe.
There were travel books available for guests use.
There were miscellaneous items avaiable for guests use: umbrellas, children's toys, etc.
WiFi was availble in our room and the large guest lounge area.
The B&B is in an old, interesting building . . . guests must climb 3 sections of stairs to get to the buildings first main floor were the B&B is located.
Good breakfast - variety and taste!
POSSIBLE AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT/BE AWARE OF :
The B&B was difficult to find within the city.
There is no overnight hotel guest parking available. So, if you are driving to Lucca, you must park outside of the wall and walk into the city or pay to park just inside the wall in one of their parking garages, and then walk to your hotel.
The decor was eclectic within the B&B. A bit on the worn side.
Hard, lumpy bed/pillows.
There was no water, coffee, tea, or anything available to guests upon arrival or throughout the stay without extra charges, breakfast excluded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bed and Breakfast La Romea is a typical exemple of historic residence, located on the first floor of a late XIVth century palace in Via Sant'Andrea, a short walk fron the Guinigi Tower. Guests will be welcome in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere at the hart of the medieval town. The spacious living room gives room for your private meetings and a wonderful breakfast. We can organize Baby sitting as well as Dog sitting, please ask the reception. We can organize for transportation to and from the two major airports of Pisa and Firenze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bed & Breakfast La Romea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed & Breakfast La Romea Hotel Lucca
- Bed And Breakfast La Romea